Internet Explorer Emergency Patch Download [Security]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Internet Explorer Emergency Patch Download [Security]

Microsoft has uploaded the emergency patch for their Internet Explorer web browser to various Microsoft properties. This patch fixes a vulnerability that has been exploited in recent time and is currently considered a severe security risk that some countries recommended switching from Internet Explorer to other web browsers to protect the computer systems from attacks.
The vulnerability has also been used in an attack earlier this month on several popular US companies that included Google and Adobe. The patch does not seem to have been made available via Windows Update yet. This is likely to happen in the next couple of hours.

Yeah... a browser patch THAT FORCES A REBOOT. I mean, seriously, reboot for a browser. yes, I know IE is butt-deep in Windows, but give me a break.

Yeah... a browser patch THAT FORCES A REBOOT. I mean, seriously, reboot for a browser. yes, I know IE is butt-deep in Windows, but give me a break.
Yes. The reason why, the code that was affected allowed for control of more than just the browser. It went to Kernel level.

Today we released Security Advisory 979682 to address an Elevation of Privilege (EoP) vulnerability in the Windows kernel, affecting all currently supported versions of 32-bit Windows. 64-bit versions of Windows, including Windows Server 2008 R2, are not affected. The advisory provides customers with actionable guidance to help with protections against exploit of this vulnerability.

Hey i will take a reboot to prevent total control of my system. :suprised: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom