Intel Will Design PlayStation 4 GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of my friends xbox (both type) never broke. One of them would scratch the disc if you kicked it while playing..but that was it.

Yea, I know a lot of the 360's had issues...but I think that's all over with.

A) You are right, it is over with.
B) All of my friends had their 360's break on them. But again, people don't realize is that your or my specific scenarios are irrelevant with respect to the big picture.

Ok, so why does sony hate Nvidia now? The explanation there wasn't very good.

Intel have work to do, but it should be very interesting when all things are done, a radical shift towards the PC of a magnitude not seen since the Playstation replaced cartridges with CDs.

And what does this mean? Pc's are going to be more popular than consoles next gen?

To Baez:
You are in game development? What company?

why are you necro posting.. but since you brought it up i will answer..
All it means is that technology seen in PC's is attractive to console manufacturer's. PC's are capable of higher graphics and faster systems in most cases.

and baez is still in school :)

I forgot where I read this, but I heard that the PC gaming industry as a whole made more money then the console industry did this year.

But peter is right. The PC world is where the technology for the consoles is made. GPUs are made by Nvidia and ATI, who specialize in pc graphics, the cpus tend to be either x86 or power pc. Both are in desktops and servers.

When you get down to it, consoles are just pcs in a different package that run proprietary games while being hookup up to a tv.

Well, this topic was still on the first page, so that is why I posted in it.

And yeah, I know consoles are basically pcs.

Still, can anyone clarify why sony is ticked at Nvidia?

Microsoft would HAVE to go back to AMD/ATI wouldnt they because as everyone knows Nvidia sucks hard at making cost effective cards. To be able to compete price wise they would need to utilize the advancements that AMD/ATI have made last year and this year with their 4000 series of cards and apply it further.

I dont think they can afford any sort of GT200 or GT300 GPU.

I don't think that's the reason. Nvidia screwed Sony and Microsoft both over when they made the consoles. I don't know the details, there isn't much published on it and the articles are old so they are hard to find.

I don't think that's the reason. Nvidia screwed Sony and Microsoft both over when they made the consoles. I don't know the details, there isn't much published on it and the articles are old so they are hard to find.

Im not saying thats the reason im more straying away and discussing Microsofts plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom