Intel Will Design PlayStation 4 GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how you are replying, but i didn't mean what i said in a sarcastic way...So sorry if you thought i did. I was meaning that the 48cores in it > 200+ cores in current cards.

Ah sorry I though you were saying that it didn't stand a chance against the 200+ SPs. I didn't see it as sarcastic though. No harm no foul right?

That's pretty sweet. Think these new larrabee cards will still have like 100+ cores, even though 50 would probably would probably be enough to laugh at any current generation game? Would it jack up production costs that much for them to have like 200 cores?

It's really way too early to have any credible information on the PS4. I would even go so far as to say Sony doesn't even know what processor it will be using for the PS4 yet.

Well it takes about 3 years of work to get a finished product so right about now is when they will be deciding such things. You have to choose the specs, then put one together and then code for it and get the libraries together, all way in advance of release so the developers can make release titles.

It is possible that this article is completely wrong and that things may go in a totally different direction. But so far this is the only info to go off of and it allows us to draw some interesting conclusions.

That's pretty sweet. Think these new larrabee cards will still have like 100+ cores, even though 50 would probably would probably be enough to laugh at any current generation game? Would it jack up production costs that much for them to have like 200 cores?

cost isn't the only problem....heat would be one of the main things.

I don't think they want the 360 issues on there buts this coming gen, so I am sure they will atleast invest a good ammoutn of time into cooling unlike microsoft has with there 1st and 2nd gen...

First Gen Xbox consoles were great.

I don't know about you, but mine didn't over heat at all.

The only reason I m still not playing it, is because it died on me around the release of the 360.

I think they all died, last one I ever saw working was two months ago and it died for no reason... Tried a few little random fixs but nothing...

I think they all died, last one I ever saw working was two months ago and it died for no reason... Tried a few little random fixs but nothing...

had the regular xbox from launch..never broke, still works. Had xbox 360 since launch...no issues-EVER-. Sold to friend...he never had any issues..and like a week ago he traded it to another guy..who hasn't had any issues.

I personally think if a console dies on someone they are either : A- really unlucky or B-they wrap it in shrink wrap till it over heats then complain.

That's pretty absurd considering most of the original xbox360's broke. You're implying that you find it more reasonable that most of the owners of the xbox or xbox360 abused it rather than you got lucky and received one that didn't break?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom