Installing drivers after new win install

Robert915

Beta member
Hello everybody I'm new here and would like some feed back. I just installed a SSD drive in my gateway laptop and installed win 7 . Now I didn't have it connected on line. So I have no drivers or gateway software so can anyone give me an idea on how to get my wifi drivers installed so I can get the rest of he software I need.

Plug ethernet into your router directly, and go to Gateway's site and look for the wifi drivers installer.

Or download them from another computer or even to your phone, and then transfer the installer.

Yeah Thanks problem is my wife fried my screen and I am using another monitor with this laptop and its a pain to move everything over to my overloaded work space. I was thinking about downloading on another pc and burning a cd to load them?

Well that was the 2nd option I suggested.

Though burning to a CD shouldn't be necessary - should be able to just use a flash drive I would assume. Unless the system that was reinstalled doesn't even have generic USB drivers to recognize devices that way.

Thanks for your reply I moved the laptop into my work area and even the lan drivers were'nt there either, Lucking the usb worked and I installed the drivers from a usb flash and it was good to go, now I am installing win 10 on it, I wish I could find a replacement 17in screen for it?

Back
Top Bottom