I'm connected to the Internet, but it will not let me browse.

Edpo21

Beta member
Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum and glad to join! Yesterday I was browsing the web like normal, no problems an everything was good. I woke up today and went to check my email and I was not able too. I have a dell studio with windows vista home premium. For the most part I usually always use safari to browse. Today when I double clicked on it, the loading cursor came up for two seconds and then nothing happened. I knew something was up when nothing was happening and I had a full wifi connection. I then went ahead and restarted the computer. When it rebooted, I went ahead and tried Internet explorer. A pop up immediately came up and said Internet explorer has stopped working and was looking for a solution to fix etc... I currently do not have an anti-virus program. I should mention also that after all of this I ran windows in safe mode with networking and Internet explorer worked. I hav no idea what is going on and I am not very good with computers. Please help. Its driving me crazy!

If it worked in safe mode and you don't have an anti-virus program than it's my first thought that there's some kind of malware/virus causing the problem.

Try Microsoft Security Essentials or AVG for anti-virus.
Then try Malwarebytes Antimalware for anti-malware.

You can download both in safe mode and run them in regular & safe mode and see if they find anything.

(All are free programs - AVG & Malwarebytes have paid versions but they are unneeded because the free versions work - don't pay for the full versions)

Back
Top Bottom