Idea: Ventrilo for Tech-Forums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
I've always wondered why we never had a means for voice communication here. After all this is a "tech-forum".

Does anyone have any interest in setting up a Ventrilo Server so we can get "comms" working for TF? Basically we would use the "Free Version" Server app.. to get it going... and we'd need a server.

The channels in vent could be set up very similar to the threads in TF.

usernames and passwords would be assigned by vent admins.
we'd have to come up with a logical way to assign access to vent so spammers and retards wouldn't be able to get access.

I think this would be a cool idea for "most of the threads in here so people can get immediate help."

Also, off-topic might be pretty funny also.

Any ideas, suggestions? Thoughts?

Sounds awesome, my friend and I created a server in Ventrilo and we're on it every day. But setting up the passwords will be very tricky. Who not to give it to and who to give it to is the question. You can also have a password for entering the server which will keep alot of spamers and other people out. But personally, I don't know why it never happened. It's a great idea. You should start on it!

Good idea. sounds cool. kinda like back in the day when i used roger wilco for counter strike. Heres an idea for the spamers and such, just like in the selling section of the forum there is a 40 post min to sell something, you need to have like 40 post to get a password for talking. idk just an idea that way those ppl that sign up just to spam cant for that right away.

Could just create a room on Yahoo and just use Yahelite, not sure if that program still works though, its been a while since I've been on yahoo.

Ventrilo is much better then Yahelite. It's also better then Teamspeak.

Vent would be the best option really. Plus there is a huge array of settings and features.

Someone had a Teamspeak setup for TF a while back... I guess it died out.

It could be interesting to have several people carrying on a conversation...

As an aside, who has Skype?

my post got deleted for some reason?

all it said was that it would get out of hand and people would abuse it..

I think I deleted your post... If I did it was because of language and/or inflaming remarks, but I was at work and could only pop in for a short while and am in dire need of sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom