I need a Gaming PC for under 1300 CD$

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip5510

Baseband Member
i have an HP a450n and i love gaming, the computer guys said it was a very good gaming computer. i had to buy an ATI radeon X800 xl because my old card sucked. i Originaly payed 1300 canadian dollars for this computer.

i want a real, hardcore, intense gaming computer for the same price, i dont need a package because i have a razer diamondback mouse, Saitek gaming keyboard, a good monitor and speekers

any ideas ^

DFI Lanparty nForce4 Ultra-D
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice (maybe 3200)
U already have a Radeon X800 XL
1 gig of twinMOS
120 gig hard drive
DVD burner
pick a case
Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480 watts

since u already have a vid card...maybe upgrade CPU to a 3700 san diego

dhw200 said:
DFI Lanparty nForce4 Ultra-D
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice (maybe 3200)
U already have a Radeon X800 XL
1 gig of twinMOS
120 gig hard drive
DVD burner
pick a case
Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480 watts

since u already have a vid card...maybe upgrade CPU to a 3700 san diego

1.) the guy is canadian, he has no access to twinmos ram; if he has interest in overclocking, he can go for the OCZ el platinum rev 2's which aren't very expensive (compared to the 500+CAD OCing ram)
2.) this is a good build and will cost much less than 1300CAD (i think)
3.) go for the 3200 venice
4.) he used the x800xl on his HP...if u used any logic, you'd know that it's AGP, so no dfi lanparty nf4 for him :D
5.) but don't worry, the equivalnt board in AGP will work the same, i forgot what it's called, i think it's dfi lanparty nforce3 ultra-d or whatever, it's a DFI, AGP, and nF3 board that looks just like the nf4 board

i didnt know that twinMOS was unavailable in canada. As for logic, its a sunday, so my logic is shot to hell.

guys im a gamer but i cant build my own computer

i want an already built one like an area 51, are they good^

Alienware Area 51? Yea they are good, except 1. they are Intels. The Auroras (AMD systems) are better. and 2. Alienware is gonna charge u a small fortune for something that you could build for a fraction of the price. Ur paying a huge premium for the alienware name

I know u said u cant build a computer, but if u have common sense, a screwdriver, a pair of hands, and a motherboards manual, u can build a computer.

If ur going to buy a computer though...to an american id recommend www.monarchcomputer.com , but i dont know if they ship to canada

i have to agree amd is the way to go but a good website for buying alot of comp. components is mwave.com, thats where i got the parts to
build my computer... o and dont forget the UV cold cathotube lights!

1 - you will probably need a better video card than the fx 5200 and probably want 1024 mb ram.

2 - ATI RADEON 9200SE is insufficient for good gaming. Also has 512 mb ram.

3 - ATI Radeon® 9800SE 128MB AGP, this ones' better but it's the 2800 processor.

4 - intel + ATI 9200SE 128MB, this will not play modern games well

5 - intel + ATI RADEON 9250 = no

try having someone help you put one togther from http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv

have someone here help you pick out each part, for your budget (which is 1300)?

have a look at ncix.com the are canadian and will put together and test anything you purchase. Have look for the good componants they guys remommended and see what you can come up with there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom