I, my friends, am an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
god i've had my pink slip for years

probably gonna start reading the handbook near end of January when my finals are over and take the written

Yea, I passed the driving part my first time through too. Although the person that was with said I wasn't looking around enough.

I think I barely passed the written test when i took it. Driving part went okay. I did a crappy parallel park (stuck out too far) and I forgot which way to turn the wheel when parking uphill. Other than that I did good. It was probably the most nerve wracking 15 minutes of my life though.

I never took the driving test because I had drivers education. Getting my license was easy, walk into the MVD, show them my drivers ed slip and walked out 3 minutes later with a shiny new license.

I passed my motorcycle permit test the first time i took it and missed 3 question. On accident I let it expire more than 6 months later and at the time I thought I could go in and just take the riding test. Well I needed the darn permit before I could get it. I took the test again without looking at the book in 6 months and....failed. Everything that came naturally when riding was wrong. They go by the book which is purely theoretical. I took it a few days later and Aced it 100%.

The riding test I havent officially taken but I tried it one day and I did it all without putting a foot down. Racing single track is definatly good practice.

WorldIndustries said:
I've failed my beginners driving permit test... Twice.

If I don't pass tomorrow, I will cry.

Study the book next time.

Is there any where online where you can take the next. Our Roads and Traffic Authority as the test avalable online. And all you need to do is cram that for about a day and you can pass with no problems.

Nubius said:
That's only because you could drive and perform "favors" for the instructor at the same time. Psht, cheater.

Nah, I think you're confusing that with pure driving talent :p

I aced the written test, first try. But I flunked the driving test.

The chick who took me out was a total fox, and I mean total. Being 16 at the time, that didn't help. Everything went smooth... parallel parking, traffic, turns, stopping. We were almost back to the testing center when she told me to make a left turn. "Left?" I asked.

"Right." So I started a right hand turn.

"No! Left turn!" Since I was in the middle of the intersection, halfway through the turn, I hit the brakes. Now, I must explain that I had been practicing in a '71 Ford Maverick which had manual steering and manual brakes. I was taking the test in my mom's '83 Buick Century (the car was a year old and loaded... power everything). Needless to say, the stop was very abrupt. Were it not for her seatbelt she would have been a stacked blonde hood ornament.

Retook the test a couple of weeks later and got a 100 year old hag. Passed with flying colors. :D

I failed my International Drivers test 3 times! The dang signs test... they give you a test of 50 signs, if you get more than 5 wrong, you can't even take the other one. Yes... it's in two parts. but no worries... you'll do fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom