Huawei Tablets

jakec

Daemon Poster
Hello All,

Have not posted in a long time so it is good to see you all (in a manner of speaking) . I am looking for opinions, write - ups, reviews, links to articles. Anything really that will help me gain insight into the range of Tablets the Chinese manufacturer Huawei has on offer. I have done the customary Google search and come up with little of value except specs and media releases by the company and alike. I was looking at the Mediatablet 10" FHD Has anybody had any experience with these?

As I said any help would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Jake

Generic Chinese Android tablets are garbage. They all have various hardware and software problems that prevent them from being completely useful.

Huawei tablets have not really taken off over here in the states as of yet. It is hard for them to really compete against the Samsung and Nexus tablets. I have yet to see any of them even from my website get ordered. Most of the time people are getting the cheap $70 knock offs and returning them cause they cant live up to expectations.

I can only say from experience selling those phones via Straight Talk that about half of the people who buy them end up happy with them. The others are not cause they cant perform. They have a limited amount of space for app installs. Something that is coded into the device by Huawei and cant be modified. Even if you move the apps to the SD card, it doesnt free up extra space for you and you end up having some issues trying to get larger apps. Stuff like HD Widgets and some newer games will give you issues when updates are pushed and there isnt enough space for the download.

Review Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD Tablet - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

A look at the benchmark comparisons on this site show that the Huawei tablet under performs compared to that of the other tablets of that size. At least in some tests. I consistently see the Samsung 10" tablet higher on all scores.

Just by that alone, plus the fact it only runs Ice Cream Sandwich and not Jelly Bean with no announcement on when that is coming or if it is, tells me that it isnt worth the cost. It would be wiser to go with the Samsung or Nexus tablet to get a better version of Android and a more sound device.

Performance benchmarks are ridiculous on tablets. That doesn't matter. The hardware is garbage. The touch screen won't work properly. You won't be able to get programs on the Play store. WiFi performance will suck. It probably won't even turn on after 6 months to a year.

Any company in the world can make an Android tablet because the OS is free. There are thousands of models available. Stick to the major manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom