How To Uninstall Microsoft Store Apps

Alexandra_Koryttseva

Beta member
I want to know the uninstallation process as my PC comes with several apps from the Microsoft Store installed out of the box, so tidying up my PC involves pruning those.

I assume you're talking about Windows 10
There are several options but the easiest is
  1. open the Settings panel
  2. click Apps
  3. and when it opens, find the App you want to remove, click on it and then a new window (it's like spoiler) will open click Uninstall
  4. It is not recommended to remove the Aps included to Windows (ps you can hide them, but do not use force to remove them!)

The apps in the start menu you can right click and uninstall. The others that don't give you an uninstall option you can unpin. Some things you chose to uninstall via the apps settings panel or in the Windows Store Windows will sometimes reinstall them later.

There is a program that can remove all windows apps & reinstall them if you regret it.
I can not remember its name but I saw it on Majorgeeks, months ago.
You should try to Google it, sorry I could not be more helpful. :unsure:

I use Ccleaner which gets rid of most of the crap that Microsoft forces on you. https://www.ccleaner.com/ Firefox throws up a security warning when you go there for some reason but I have used Ccleaner for years without any problems. It is free although you can pay if you want.

Back
Top Bottom