How to convert dvr-ms to divx 5 or xvid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it might have but i could not find where to make VDub find the codec.

Anyway what is the difference betwwen the Vdub you said to use and the one on their oficial website?

Also i did create one movie with the tut you mentioned and used t xVid codec but the regular MPAG Layer-3 for Audio the video was fine but the problem is that the size was huge... more than 1024 MB.

I don't know if you're able to send the codec to me or If i am not able to use LAME what you suggest?
Thanks
esossai

esossai said:
Yes it might have but i could not find where to make VDub find the codec.

vdub should automatically list which codecs are available.

Anyway what is the difference betwwen the Vdub you said to use and the one on their oficial website?

the orignal vdub could not load/open MPEG2 files

Also i did create one movie with the tut you mentioned and used t xVid codec but the regular MPAG Layer-3 for Audio the video was fine but the problem is that the size was huge... more than 1024 MB.

check the bitrates for each codec. my values are in the tutorial.

Actually yesterday i manage to get the kazaa-codec-pack like you mentioned and installed. The problem is that it unistalled the other divx, xvid and ac3 i had before but looks like everything is working as normal.
Now i will try with this new one and check the bitrates like you said and see what happens.
Thanks a lot.
esossai

I've had this problem where i would have to manually edit the filename to include the episode name. I found a script online that changed the dvrms filename and tweaked it to my preference.

the script will prompt you for the directory containing the dvrms files. It will have a default set to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Recorded TV\. It will rename all dvrms files to the following syntax:

YYYYMMDD [AM/PM] HHMM - Show Name - Episode Name.dvr-ms

i chose this syntax so i can sort my files by filename and have them listed in the chonological in which they were created. You know how some shows will run over into the next time slot.

save the attached txt file as a .vbs and execute

Attachments

• renamemce.vbs.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 128
Hi
I followed your tutorial and everything seemed to go smoothly, but when i tried to play the final .avi file it crashes windows mediaplayer and media center, but works on nero showtime for some reason. thanks for your help.

heres a free+easy way to just convert[no editing out commercial, just converting]
1) Get a MPEG2 decoder[eg nVidia's PureVideo Decoder[$], get some freeware decoder]
2) Get Super Freeware
3) settings-> [eg] encoding to view on a pocketpc
output container: avi[pocketpc], MPEG4, MP3,
ffmpeg + DirectShow
any video size/audio size to suit ur needs
i usually go with 320x240 128kbps video, 22500frequency 1 channel 48kbps audio

WARNING: Super doesnt 'recognise' dvr-ms as a file when u try to add a file, but if u drag a dvr-ms file into the batch-processingarea at the bottom, it'll work. press encode

open with WMP, make sure video/audio sync/works, sync to pocketpc, voila...

nice freeware solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom