how can i increase traffic(ex: google) without using ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohand

In Runtime
i just played with website for a bit, and was using a nice free hosting plan, in my old forum, i remember one anormous visitor come and spoke something like "you need to publish XX code into java..." and it sounds like he is talking about something very technical about how to increase a chance for the search engines like google to find a site. Here is my point, since people told about that pay hosts gernerally had a better traffic even with a site with same content, so how does this work(I am talking about specificly how to make search engines update a site faster and/or more often, and that more likely to place on the first of the rank). so is there such a way like publish some short of codes that can attract the more frequence of a search engine? can someone list ways to do it and/or how specificly this search engines work, or give some advice on where to look for this information will greatly appreciated.

Meta tags are pretty useless these days... most popular crawlers (google, yahoo, msn) ignore them. What matters is content... if you have a flash site, make a non-flash option with identical content otherwise you're screwed.

One of the major ways to get ranks is if other sites link you... And what they say about you is important as well... the reason you gett Bush's bio when yo utype "Miserable Failure" in google and and hit "I feel lucky" is because so many people have linked his bio website to the words Miserable Failure.

There is no clear way how to get to the top but basically it involves, making sure your content is robust and unique as well as consistent and having a lot of people link back to your site.

A way that also helps is to sign up to directories such as dmoz.org and yahoo's directory... the search engine spiders crawl the directories when searching for new pages.

Finally, properly formed HTML will also improve your chances of ranking higher on search engines since the spiders have an easier time reading your site. For information on that visit www.w3.org, validator.w3.org and http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-uri.html

then i have another problem, is page ranks from google as a direct proportion to the result that would appear on the average search?

if so, another question is, i am hosted under a host, that's for example ranked a 2 out of 10 (2/10) is it possible for me to rank higher then my host?

In other word, and in general, will ranking for searching results from popular search engines effected by the quality or the power of the hosting or the domain name service? or are those search results completely rely on the content and quality of a web page.

btw, what do you mean by a search engine spider? is that a person or a program/bot. how is our sites appear on a search engine? do they all reviewed manually or just found by there program? thanks a lot for your help!

The word www is the breath of tech savvy world. The World Wide Web (www) has been proven as the platform to success in any business. That is why small business web site development market is growing. Internet has made a difference in the present tech savvy environment. Anyone can build a website. We'll help you to build a site that sells. The real art lies in Creating websites with a perfect blend of design and functionality.
Get more details;

http://www.cheapest-computer-hardware-software.com/small-business-web-site-development.html

Cleopatra

You site rank has nothing to do with your hosting company, if I understand what you asked.

It is even possible to one page on your site be more popular than other.

To have good rank, you need realy quality, informative, targeted site or - a lot of money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom