How can I get games to work off of a thumb drive?

earwicker7

In Runtime
My work has a pretty strict policy about installing stuff on our computers, but they turn a blind eye to running stuff off of thumb drives. I've managed to get one game (Dominions 3) to run off of one, but other games give me problems. I've heard that Minecraft will also run off of one, but I've never really got the appeal of that game. Both are very low-tech games by indie companies, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Any tips on getting games on a thumb drive in a way that they are able to be played on another computer? I run Windows 8 at home, and Windows 7 at work.

I'm looking for Turn-Based Strategy or non-action RPGs... stuff that is easy to pause when I have to work.

You could always just work :p

Some games you can simply copy and paste and they will work without an install. Games that don't allow this wont allow a non-install rip.

Or you can search for games rips on that which shall not be mentioned.

My work has a pretty strict policy about installing stuff on our computers, but they turn a blind eye to running stuff off of thumb drives. I've managed to get one game (Dominions 3) to run off of one, but other games give me problems. I've heard that Minecraft will also run off of one, but I've never really got the appeal of that game. Both are very low-tech games by indie companies, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Any tips on getting games on a thumb drive in a way that they are able to be played on another computer? I run Windows 8 at home, and Windows 7 at work.

I'm looking for Turn-Based Strategy or non-action RPGs... stuff that is easy to pause when I have to work.

Hmm, I wouldn't try it if your going to get caught and terminated by illegal operations on a company machines.
Can I install computer games onto a flash drive? - Yahoo! Answers
If any IT staff member checks the computers registry or monitors your actions at any given time during the day and find its, start looking for a new job. :/

Its their company machine don't perform anything else that they don't want.
Now if they let you play a gameboy advance with no sound, that would be a wiser choice.

Illwinters other game Conquest of Elysium 3 should work also.
And its cheaper, faster to play, and more of a Solo players game.

But both are years of fun, and can let you play games bigger than anyone really wants to play on really old and crappy computers. :)

Back
Top Bottom