High Speed Internet Problems, need help in a big way

Status
Not open for further replies.
RockyZ said:
Plug your ethernet cable into modem, plug other end to computer (you alread did)

-check for internet

-if none, turn OFF the computer and reset modem (until all lights are on/flashing)

-Check for internet

-if none, turn off both internet and modem for 2 minutes.

-Check for internet

-if none, call up the company and ask why, I called once and had them manually reset my modem from the company, I stopped losing my signal from then, sometimes your ISP might just be upgrading their servers, last year, over 2 weeks we lost connection for about 6 times and over 2 hours each time. Then we got faster internet.

Yeah, I reboot the comp and reset the modem constantly trying to make something happen but it doesnt work.

I called my isp and they said that they arent getting a signal from the modem at all for some reason. But as soon as I was done talking the modem came back on. Then, this morning, I tried getting online, and the modem took a shit once again. I had to re-install my 56K just to check my messages on here! Heh.

Update:

The isp tech came out today and replaced everthing with new cables and stuff but still no luck, the modem was still unresponsive. So he hooked up a test modem and that worked.

So it turns out my modem was just a piece of crap. I went to best buy and exchanged it for a new one and all is well. The modem works fine and I am happy. This is the third modem Ive owned so I hope it lasts longer than the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom