Help with Vodburner

herr dynamit

Beta member
I am a graduate student who is trying to retrieve and compile data for one of my professor's studies. We are using the Vodburner software to record Skype conversations between study participants. I inherited this study from previous semesters and am having a difficult time editing/retrieving/finishing a portion of the data from that time.

As I browse through my external hard drive to access the data, much of it I can easily find and edit. It is already in .vbc and the other required things to make the generated video. However, some cannot be retrieved for use with the Burner despite it being present on the hard drive. When I click on the file, the pieces seem to be all there but the files are not in the needed format. They are listed as "Windows Media Audio/Video playlist" type, which is different from the ones I can access from the Burner. Is there a way I can access these files or convert them to something I can use for a Burner?

Please excuse my wording if it's not super precise at the moment; I'm a greenhorn with the Burner. I greatly appreciate any help.

Start by displaying with file type they are. Just display the extension by going to Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab > uncheck 'Hide extensions for known file types' > Hit OK.

What file type is it?

These files are .asx. I need to get them over to .vbc.

I did go to the control panel and went through the steps but it didn't seem to make the files known. I believe the next step is making them .vbc, but I'm not sure at this point.

Back
Top Bottom