Help With Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Cudn't find Internet section, feel free to move it if there is one.

Anyway heres my problem. Our broadband line is only capable of 2MB/s which never USED to bother me, because it was fine, internet was fine and my ping was always around 50 or 60 on games and totally playable. But now something has happened, i have done several speed tests and its still what it should be 1800Kbps Download and 250kbps Upload, the connection hasnt changed.

Ive downloaded program which check each hop to the ip you type in, or the website you type in, and it seems to be fine at the exxchange and that, the only big jump in Ping is when it reached the UK Echange that goes out to other countries (understandabley). But i cant play on any game, on any UK Server... its driving me mad. Google takes up to 10 seconds to load etc etc. Ive tried eveerything, Gone through 3 routers of good quality (£90 Ea) tried wireless, non wireless, new cables and everything i just don't know what has happened but what i do know is its £%$^&*$ me right off because i have over £1500 of video games that i play just online and now i cant.

Someone help...I have a feeling its Talk Talk my ISP...which goes through a BT Exchange, but actually its 'Opal Telecom' or so it says. My dad is great at PC's but when it comes to games he cant see the problem with lag, he cant even notice it even when its terrible (Were you just die even though you cant see anything, and grenades dont go off) I think its just because he can't be bothered to phone up our ISP.

Move this post wereever you want i dont really care i just need some help.

Your problem is Talk Talk, they rent equipment from BT that is quite frankly on the old side. Get your family to saw to Virgin media they use better equipment an have always been on the ball when it comes to fixing problems at there end.

I beleive you 'Chadwick :), but how do you know Virgins equipment is better ? I can't get cable either, and were in a all in one package with Talk Talk which is very cheep, im going to struggle to convince my dad to switch. But hey, i'll try.

Thanks alot.

£30 quid a month for TV phone an internet isn't cheep?

Also i have friends who work for virgin an its down to personal experience. an there was a independent review of BT Virgin an other ISP's equipment by witch last January that was scathing about the level of equipment in BT.

£30 quid a month for TV phone an internet isn't cheep?

Also i have friends who work for virgin an its down to personal experience. an there was a independent review of BT Virgin an other ISP's equipment by witch last January that was scathing about the level of equipment in BT.

we have sky TV, so we wudnt want the all in one package. I dont understand you, are you saying in the report that Virgin had good equipment ? or BT' s was crap ? or what..

EDIT:

Just found something very interesting... My PC, My Sisters PC, and PS3 all have a ping in the high 300's and even 400's. My dad has a ping of 60. Our download upload speeds are all the same though.

It cant be like my dad would say 'because youve got crap running on your PC' its true, but then why would the PS3 have such a high ping aswell, when all that was open was the one internet page.

Virgin came out on top an BT was on the lower half of the list. BT's is esentialy crap last gen equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom