Great FarCry 2 news

Status
Not open for further replies.
o im running it at ultra high and it goes up to very hugh and ultra high

and with my completed map with forest, lake and 2 villages it feels very smooth on high. I think I took that snapshot at ultra high so that explanes the lag

heres some screens my map almost finished

A thing that disappointed me hough is those shanty buildings were supposed to be destructable like in crysis but I can't seem to get them to fall down or burn like in the ubisoft demo videos

Think I can run it fine on my setup? 8800GT, 2gb ram, E8400@3.8ghz. I just want
1440x900 resolution with very high settings.

yes for sure it will run fine on that system

I'm not sure what res its running at though since its inside a window but my screen res in windows is 1152x864

Yes braz, definitely. No problem. I'll be playing it in a few hours.

And Mikee you can't burn stuff because the Map Editor is for Multiplayer maps, and they couldn't do such a thing in multiplayer because it would lag.
All the house burning is in Single Player.

Do tree's and grass burn in the editor ?

yes for sure it will run fine on that system

I'm not sure what res its running at though since its inside a window but my screen res in windows is 1152x864

Ahh, its gotta be 800x600 or lower for you to able to run those high settings with just an 8600GTS.

Think I can run it fine on my setup? 8800GT, 2gb ram, E8400@3.8ghz. I just want
1440x900 resolution with very high settings.

Yeah braz even on highest settings dx10 you will still get an avg of 20fps which is extremely good for an 8800GT.

Ahh, its gotta be 800x600 or lower for you to able to run those high settings with just an 8600GTS.

Yeah braz even on highest settings dx10 you will still get an avg of 20fps which is extremely good for an 8800GT.

actually it runs quite well at high res I just can't wait until I get the real game when it releases to see how it runs in true full screen.

actually it runs quite well at high res I just can't wait until I get the real game when it releases to see how it runs in true full screen.

Theres no way you can run it high settings and and get playable results on high res, an 8800GT which is many times faster will barely average 20fps.

High res being 1680x1050 and up. And you said your windows res is 1152x842...thats a weird res.

I meant 1152x 864

my monitor can't do "high res" it only supports up to 1280x1024

Theres no way you can run it high settings and and get playable results on high res, an 8800GT which is many times faster will barely average 20fps.

High res being 1680x1050 and up. And you said your windows res is 1152x842...thats a weird res.

This game runs surprisingly awesome...

My Specs (See sig) 60fps/70fps at 1650X1080 everything maximum.

Explosions/Fire make no difference to the fps at all.

Btw, The map editor is SUPERB. It is truly awesome, it's so easy to use yet lets you have lots and lots of customization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom