Great FarCry 2 news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe i tried a similar thing Akubane, About 500explosive barrels stacked up, a loads and loads of all the explosives section crammed intogether, explosions look fantastic i must say !

Are the explosions better then Crysis? I really liked Crysis explosions...

The best fire effect I have ever seen in a game engine is very surprisingly in COD4 ( seen very rarely ), even Crysis fire graphics are lacking...with HL2s source engine being the most laughable of all :p

They should incorporate PhysX into more games....Nvidia is really moving forward with it and it makes the games so much smoother compared to running physics effects off the cpu.

They should incorporate PhysX into more games....Nvidia is really moving forward with it and it makes the games so much smoother compared to running physics effects off the cpu.

Yeh they should incorporate PhysX more, but..

FarCry 2 doesn't need it. I don't really know how it managed to not lag my PC - But it doesn't, not even this.

YouTube - FarCry 2 Massive Explosion

Yah, thats what i just did :p My minimum FPS was 17, which for highest settings AND recording with fraps (which does slower your FPS by quite a bit) Is really quite impressive i thought. And that kind of thing is NEVER going to be in the single player game.

Btw, that was my first PC Upload video onto youtube, anyone know how to improve the quality ? (My original 30seconds AVI recording was 441Mb, i just downloaded some free AVI Converter and changed it to MPEG-4, it was then 5.52mb :eek:)

The best fire effect I have ever seen in a game engine is very surprisingly in COD4 ( seen very rarely ), even Crysis fire graphics are lacking...with HL2s source engine being the most laughable of all :p

There more fun to watch, probably not as realistic. But as explosions go relative to other games, there brilliant. Whether there as good as Crysis, you decide ^ ^

I'm assuming the editor can be run on a 32 bit OS unlike Crysis editor ( which requires a 64 bit OS )? BTW the textures are terrible in your pictures :p

I was running the Crysis Sanbox editor on a system with 32bit Vista Home Premium yesterday so you don't need a 64bit os to run it.

crysis warhead fixed that with dynamic fire and wow does it ever look good.

I was running the Crysis Sanbox editor on a system with 32bit Vista Home Premium yesterday so you don't need a 64bit os to run it.

oops I got mixed up and thought it was a requirement when it actually is just a recommendation:

"As stated in the readme file accompanying Sandbox, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows Vista x64 are the only officially supported OS's for running the editor. According to Crytek, using a 32-bit OS can lead to instabilities with production size levels due to the low amount of virtual memory available and is therefore not supported."

-wiki

crysis warhead fixed that with dynamic fire and wow does it ever look good.

Hmmm I didn't really notice any difference in the fire...maybe ill go take another look...if I can actually start a fire :p

ok i have a prob. In any directx 10 setting on any resolution this game just lags miserably but direct x 9 seems to work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom