Gotta love our system

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could stretch beyond MMOs. With players buying guns in CSS with money they earn by betting, they could tax that.

One more reason for our good buddy to the north of my post to hate CSS.

Screw CS:S, :p

But you realize that if they try to tax stuff like that, game developers will just stop developing games where you have to buy stuff in the game.

Either way, it's a fantasy world, it's not real money and not real goods, so I see no reason how or why they could or would tax us.

The General said:
Screw WoW.
It's not just WoW. There is another games look. Like I was I can see this having a rather being affect on games that heavily rely on player driven economies.
Eg. Eve Online , Star Wars Galaxies.

I do remeber reading about is yearlier this year, and I find that it's a stupid idea. The only people that think should get taxed is the players that power level or farm items and resources for real life cash.

I think it's taxed on income from SELLING items on like ebay to people. Hard cash currency obtained from trading charcters weapons, etc.

killians45 said:
I think it's taxed on income from SELLING items on like ebay to people. Hard cash currency obtained from trading charcters weapons, etc.
Personally I would rather see those people get suspended upside down by some some nail gunning their testicals to a brick wall.

Farmers and Power Leveling $ervice$ screw up the game for every one.

Dexaroni said:
With players buying guns in CSS with money they earn by betting, they could tax that.

How would the gov't tax virtual money?

There not taxing the money in the game there going to tax the monthly payements for the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom