Got banned... question about IP

Status
Not open for further replies.
superdave1984 said:
Unless you are using a router you can open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /release" without the quotes of course then hit enter wait a few minutes and type "ipconfig /renew" hit enter. you should have a different IP address. If not, keep doing this until you do. Your ISP sends out new addresses at specified intervals, just like The General mentioned. If a request went out for a new IP after you released yours, and before you tried to renew, they could get yours and you get a new one. Your computer tries to get the same address if it can first, then takes whatever it can get.
Now of course that doesn't mean they didn't block an entire range of addresses just to be sure you don't try that. If you have a router they blocked the IP of your router. Of course they may use MAC address blocking in which case you are screwed.

Unfortunately I am using a router. My comp is the main one that has a direct connection to the cable modem and there is another one on wireless connection. So what'll happen if I try those dos commands?

Can I still use proxies even? They sound like just what I need.

Some ISP's do have a dynamic connection, others don't. My parents don't have a dynamic connection, they are stuck with that IP.

Even those that have a dynamic IP, they don't change the IP that often. Many mistakingly believe it changes everytime you log in and thats not true, it is generally leased out for certain periods of time.

og5 said:
Unfortunately I am using a router. My comp is the main one that has a direct connection to the cable modem and there is another one on wireless connection. So what'll happen if I try those dos commands?

Can I still use proxies even? They sound like just what I need.

If your PC is connected directly to the cable modem, you can use those commands and probably get a new IP that may not be blocked. If you get your IP from your router, it won't change a thing as far as the blocked IP is concerned. Go proxy.

or, you could try contacting the admins or moderators and explaining to them that you didn't realize that it was against the rules, regardless of how stupid that sounds. Tell them that you won't make that mistake again and ask for another chance.

Your best advice.

HAVOC2k5 said:
or, you could try contacting the admins or moderators and explaining to them that you didn't realize that it was against the rules, regardless of how stupid that sounds. Tell them that you won't make that mistake again and ask for another chance.

If they are cool, they will allow you another chance.
I agree with this aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom