Got a new car...(tons of pics no 56k)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my car does all of that except the massaging seats, auto leveling headlights, and the computer controlled suspension. and it doesnt have the proximity sensors. so you are paying 40-50 grand more for less than ten extra features and the name

kfc469 said:
my car does all of that except the massaging seats, auto leveling headlights, and the computer controlled suspension. and it doesnt have the proximity sensors. so you are paying 40-50 grand more for less than ten extra features and the name

Get real, dude. YES ITS A BMW THEREFORE ITS EXPENSIVE.

Your car is not "better because it has fewer features and costs less."

Your car just "has fewer features and costs less."

I was just trying to prove the point that the name of BMW adds a very lot of money to the price of the car. Sure, my car has a few less features but it costs much much less.

kfc469 said:
I was just trying to prove the point that the name of BMW adds a very lot of money to the price of the car. Sure, my car has a few less features but it costs much much less.

thats not it electric shades auto opening and closing door auto closing and opening trunk heated steering wheels no remote entry and starting. the seats are probably the most high tech seats youll ever encounter. you skipped over a **** load dude that car has a bunch of features your car doesnt. and let me think here THE ENGINE!!! thats what all the money goes into what engine do you have? some vtech 4 cylinder engine? mines pushing a 4.4L 333hp V8 and this engine is more complex than alot of cars. its so flippin fast for this big of a sedan, but you barely feel anything when you floor it cause of the "anti-inertia" shocks. you skipped over soooo much and i was just getting started. oh yeah and those extra features will add up to plus 30k if you actually add them instead of skipping over them and ignoring them. those seats alone are like 4k a peice

if i add up all the features my car has and yours doesnt im sure i can get it to plus 30k and the engine is what makes cars cost more btw too. why buy a ferrari when most of them dont even have a radio?

i dont think that you could get it up to 30k. the seats are not that amazing. they have A/C and heat and massage- not 4k a piece.

those features do not add up to 30k because the BMW would be selling their cars at a loss and they wouldnt do that.

trust me, you are paying a lot for the name. go to any car forum and ask--they will tell you that.

edit: i posted this on an actual car forum so we will know who is right once and for all.

kfc469 said:
i dont think that you could get it up to 30k. the seats are not that amazing. they have A/C and heat and massage- not 4k a piece.

those features do not add up to 30k because the BMW would be selling their cars at a loss and they wouldnt do that.

trust me, you are paying a lot for the name. go to any car forum and ask--they will tell you that.

edit: i posted this on an actual car forum so we will know who is right once and for all.

lmfao make sure you tell them its a 2005 745Li with every option there is except night vision and hd radio lmfao

the seats ****ing conform to your body... i should you a pick of what the head rest did it squeezes your neck and the seats squeeze your body so when youre making tight turns you dont go sliding across your seat. the seats also have leg rests... watch that top gear video and youll know what im talking about.

k i just went to the bmw website and customized a 7 and with all those options youre looking at 15k then take in consideration the size of the vehicle the engine of the vehicle and just all those tiny little things that none of the other cars have like all those real time monitoring sensors... it monitors everything. then slap on an extra 5k i guess for the name/prestige/quality... id rather be driving a bmw than an acura personally.

i think the only thing you have on me is gas mileage so congrats.

EDIT: oh btw please do post up that link to the car audio forum and please dont tell me its an acura forum lmfao

The General said:
1. NewCents05 drives a BMW luxury car.

2. You drive a Pontiac ...

NewCents05 would win by default. You don't even need to race. This is like a suped up Honda racing a Ferrari ... Sure, the Honda might be faster, but it sure as hell isn't a Ferrari...

Besides, if you want to get down on speed/price then I'll smoke you with my YZF-R1 next month.

07r1_blue_3_15ed0cea.jpg

I'll smoke you off the line, and in top speed. Can your Pontiac go 200mph?

And it'll cost $10,000 (yes, $18,000 less than your Pontiac, lol)

Are we finished comparing things that shouldn't be compared now?

Thanks, bye.

Nobody wins by default. Generally people say they when they know they spent too much on a car. Whether or not that kid actually owns that car has already been discussed. I have my doubts.

Yes, you have to go to a two wheeled death trap to beat the LS2.
What's next? Comparing a Dodge Durango to the GTO? :cool:
Actually I think Lingenfelter slappes a twin turbo on one of these and got it to 200.

Also, you might want to ask some of the Aussies on here about something called the "Holden Monaro" and who designed it.

Snump said:
Nobody wins by default. Generally people say they when they know they spent too much on a car. Whether or not that kid actually owns that car has already been discussed. I have my doubts.

Yes, you have to go to a two wheeled death trap to beat the LS2.
What's next? Comparing a Dodge Durango to the GTO? :cool:
Actually I think Lingenfelter slappes a twin turbo on one of these and got it to 200.

k one no one can understand incomplete thoughts. two ok dont care if you think its my car or not k? you can think my mom likes to roll on 20in rims thats all cool and ****. lets just get off that topic cause theres really not anymore i can explain or say. three ok you bought a "fast" cheap gm car and youre comparing it to a bmw...? M5>GTO matter o fact 335i>GTO lmfao and yes that 3 series is alot cheaper than my car and would cream that gto in every aspect. but i didnt buy a 3 series now did i? i coulda saved myself like 30 grand and got a nice fast *** 335i that would laugh at your GTO. but i obviously am not looking for speed.

Actually no, the thrtee series BMW would get owned. The M3 is the only three series that would beat it.
Read the reviews, kids. You might laugh, but you can laugh at the taillights.
Also, do you have to swear every other word? I obviously touched a neerve somewhere.

This is why I like the GTO. It ****es people off. The muscle car guys get ****ed because this is technically a muscle car, but doesn't have en engine youcan hear two blocks away.
The German snobs are ****ed because its their design. The Monaro is an Opal/Vauxhaul design. The only thing American in there is the 6.0 engine.
The ricers hate it because they know it'll eat them alove without breaking a sweat.

Its quiet.
Its content.
Its boring.
So I don't know exactly what kind of point you're trying to make, but comong on here and trying to make your balls look bigger doesn't really do much for your credibility.
Just FYI... 2007 335i has 300bhp and 300ft-lbs.
0-60 5.3 quarter mile in 13.5
GTO has 400/395
0-60 in 4.5 quarter 13.5 sec @ 106
the 1.4 time is matched and the GTO has an extra 100lbs.

there's an old saying, you buy horsepower, and use torque.

I will gibve the Germans this: they did pretty well with only 3.5 liters.

Snump said:
Actually no, the thrtee series BMW would get owned. The M3 is the only three series that would beat it.
Read the reviews, kids. You might laugh, but you can laugh at the taillights.
Also, do you have to swear every other word? I obviously touched a neerve somewhere.

This is why I like the GTO. It ****es people off. The muscle car guys get ****ed because this is technically a muscle car, but doesn't have en engine youcan hear two blocks away.
The German snobs are ****ed because its their design. The Monaro is an Opal/Vauxhaul design. The only thing American in there is the 6.0 engine.
The ricers hate it because they know it'll eat them alove without breaking a sweat.

Its quiet.
Its content.
Its boring.
So I don't know exactly what kind of point you're trying to make, but comong on here and trying to make your balls look bigger doesn't really do much for your credibility.
Just FYI... 2007 335i has 300bhp and 300ft-lbs.
0-60 5.3 quarter mile in 13.5
GTO has 400/395
0-60 in 4.5 quarter 13.5 sec @ 106
the 1.4 time is matched and the GTO has an extra 100lbs.

there's an old saying, you buy horsepower, and use torque.

I will gibve the Germans this: they did pretty well with only 3.5 liters.

nice... way to make up numbers...
now let me lay some hard evidence in your face

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

335i 0-60 4.9 seconds
GTO 0-60 4.8 seconds

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41331
test results of a 335i and an m3 theyre like .01 second off each other lmfao.

and i swear every other word cause im used to forums without filters unlike this one where everything is filtered even small things like h e double hockey sticks so **** strict around here.

now which car do you think has better handling and can take turns faster? ill put my money on the bmw as im sure everyone else here would too... have a great day ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom