Google Buys Youtube!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ninjamonkey said:
maybe merge youtube with google video?
Supposedly they're going to be seperate.
I think they're going to use the Youtube brand name for something way bigger than crappy teenager videos. They're gearing up towards streaming internet tv, it's the next step and there's a lot of potential for profit there. You could watch any show, any episode, any movie, at any time.

As far as I hear google isn't neccisarly worried about making money, they just want to become even more popular and have even more web control. Youtube is one of the biggest webvideo sites there is. They just want more power basically.

Would be nice is google moderates some of the stuff that is going on YouTube.

2 week ago, I am reading in the papers how this English backpacker gets the beaten up by one of the local thugs in sydney just outside a hotel. Some one managed to recorded every thing on a camera phone. And instead of sending the footage over to the police, it's all ready up on YouTube instead. And the police are then downloading the "evidence" from YouTube.

Sorry if other people do not agree, however i find that's just F**Ked up. And it's one of the reasons why I fins YouTube uninteresting.

wow.. that is SAD!

google is going to take us all over... im going to join their church :)

i heard they might going into the ISP business, that true?

then they have their "google pages" thing........

google took my idea and goal of life

TO TAKE OVER THE INTERNET

It would make sense for them to go into the ISP business. They'd be the company to provide affordable broadband and give everyone a massive gmail account.

homerj14 said:
^ the truth is most people would rather just see the guy get beaten its entertainment for them
Personally i would hope that the person that posted up that footage gets beaten and have the footage put on the internet for entertainment purposes.

i would like to think that google will dump a lot of money into R&D for YouTube. I'm not so much a fan of the site myself. But i am intriguied on the streaming tv idea.

all it takes is a unique idea and hard work to make 1+ billion

what ideas do ya'll have?

lol i just clicked that pimp game thing in your sig after looking at it for about a year :p

my idea, very original, live video, as well as deals with major networks/shows to allow hosting of their material legally ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom