Good PSU

steve10765

Daemon Poster
At first I was thinking this PSU was really bad, but when the lights flicker it has enough power to keep me running for about 3/4ths of a sec , so my computer doesn't turn off :) It not being modular sucks, and when I hooked a sata power connector the top off it broke off!

Do all PSU's stay "alive" for a little when the power goes out? Or is it because I have a bit of a surplus of power for my rig so it has a mini battery in it that all the energy flows through.

Nation Grib has been doing a good job compared to sandy and other storms, I have only lost power for about 5 mins before it was back. Its pretty windy, a 10ft evergreen tree has fallen from our property on to the sidewalk, and 1 tree has almost fallen onto our house, and another different type of tree is bending at about a 70 degree angle from the base to about 55degree angle near the top. I am about 40-80miles south of boston(down) and we have gotten about 5 inches already, they say 18-24 for us...

as I have written this the lights have flickered 3 times

EDIT: lost power a few times, so far I am lucky, about 150K people without power, around 60mph gusts and 30mph winds

Last edited:
If you live in an area with suspect power, I would recommend getting yourself a UPS (Uninterruptible power supply)

They will give you enough time to properly shut everything down. If you save your system 1 time it is well worth the investment.

You can use a site like this:
UPS Selector Sizing Applications
to determine how much power you need based upon your setup.

Back
Top Bottom