Gears of War 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
Now, I've only had a chance to play for about 2 hours, and while the campaign feels a bit familiar, it is by no means a bad thing.

The story and the cut scenes are much more dramatic. It really does help build the air of desperation for these humans. It also briefly explains how most of the trouble the humans of Sera are in, is their own fault because of all the wars they had with each other.

The sheer amount of content they can put on one field or battle plane is immense! Clearly the guys at Epic know what they are doing, and they are doing it better than any next gen game to date when it comes to graphics and campaign battle scale!

Enough of that for now. I'm still just on the first or maybe second Act of 5, so I've got a long ways to go :p I'll give my full thoughts after I finish the campaign and get to touch on the multiplayer.

Oh and getting the free content and lanyard for showing up at midnight launch was cool too :D

Lol, for everyone that asks me that, I would say ****S YEAH it's worth buying! But, since you haven't played the first one, I would either buy it used off of eBay, or rent it first before playing Gears of War 2.

I think I am going to get it... I made honors this quarter (because of my computer class :)) and the last time I mad honors was like 3-5 years ago so my mom may buy it for me :)

Can't wait to play it though.

Am I the only one here that absolutely hated the first Gears? I thought the game was one of the most overrated games of all time. I felt like the plot was boring and repetitive, and after 45 minutes of the game, I never wanted to play it again. I somewhat liked the multiplayer, but the wait time between each death was enough for me to get too annoyed to play it much more. I also didn't like the feel of the game at all. I'm not big on third person shooters.

Am I the only one here that absolutely hated the first Gears? I thought the game was one of the most overrated games of all time. I felt like the plot was boring and repetitive, and after 45 minutes of the game, I never wanted to play it again. I somewhat liked the multiplayer, but the wait time between each death was enough for me to get too annoyed to play it much more. I also didn't like the feel of the game at all. I'm not big on third person shooters.

A lot of people thought the plot was a bit dry and it was. But I definitely didn't hate it. It depends on the person, really. I though for MGS4 and GTAIV the same as you do for Gears 1. I was bored after a few hours and returned the games.

Gears 2 story is much MUCH better and the online is improved and even better than the first.

Does anyone know how to make a party private on XBL so no one can join? I set it to a private match and people can still join.

Does anyone know how to make a party private on XBL so no one can join? I set it to a private match and people can still join.

Hmm it's pretty self explanatory. Not to be rude but when you select your options you just press A and select private instead of public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom