Gaming Nobility Hierarchy

I forgot to add nostalgia for console gaming. Grew up playing Atari. Got a NES as a young teen. I am partial to consoles for that reason also. Oregon Trail meh...
Same. My actual birthday present was an NES that recently got stolen from me. :mad: I find myself constantly replaying games I grew up with rather than playing new games making my PC essentially kinda pointless lol.

Same. My actual birthday present was an NES that recently got stolen from me. :mad: I find myself constantly replaying games I grew up with rather than playing new games making my PC essentially kinda pointless lol.

Creativity with regards to developing games is an art that is dying. Or maybe when you are a kid you don't give a sh*t and think it is awesome to play a game where you control a tube of toothpaste that blasts fast food before they decay the row of teeth you are protecting.

Creativity with regards to developing games is an art that is dying. Or maybe when you are a kid you don't give a sh*t and think it is awesome to play a game where you control a tube of toothpaste that blasts fast food before they decay the row of teeth you are protecting.
This probably has more truth than anything. Excuse me while I go play Super Mario World on SNES. Yes, SNES, not emulator lol.

There is such thing as 'best' when it comes to console vs PC.

The 'best' is what is best for you as an individual.

As far as logging into my account and updating my games and consoles? That's all automatic on a Sony platform. It is ALL plug and play for me.

I only see a notification that it happened.

Right now...best for me = ease of access = consoles.

Edit...also, I don't have to update my drivers every year or so.

--Sent from my Blast Processing Doritto chip from Space Station Four.

Last edited:
for the record my first pc was a gateway astro that i ordered off of late night tv after to many bong rips , worst purchase ever

This.

As far as logging into my account and updating my games and consoles? That's all automatic on a Sony platform. It is ALL plug and play for me.

PC can be setup in a mostly similar way.

I feel like I have to post this... lol:
th_dead_horse.gif

Besides installing and running games I can make everything automated for a customer. All they need to do is turn on their PC and launch the game. So if we are comparing convenience the only difference is when you may or may not need to upgrade. All depends on how much you invest to begin with. After logging in to say Steam or whatever you can tick that box to remember credentials. Boom, done.

Haven't even begin to talk about SteamOS either.

Don't fret. Steam will be giving you a "console" in which you can play PC games with.

Everyone will be part of the master race soon enough.

Don't fret. Steam will be giving you a "console" in which you can play PC games with.

Everyone will be part of the master race soon enough.

Those things look they are setting up for disaster. The last I heard about them they are non-upgradeable, which is one of the primary reasons that PC gamers choose the PC as a gaming platform, so that they can optimize their experience as they see fit.

The other problem was that they are also kicking around the idea of releasing a new one each year. There's no point in buying a Steam machine that won't be able to run new games optimally in a few years. If a person really wanted the console experience they would be better suited to pay their $400 upfront for a PS4 or Xbox One and be set for the long term.

Back
Top Bottom