Gaming headset advice

sallycloudlove

Beta member
Hello everybody,

I've been a silent reader here for a couple months now but have a question of my own so figured I would sign up.. anyways..

I'm looking for a gaming headset for my little brother.. nothing too expensive but I also don't want to give him something cheap or low-quality. He plays on a bunch of different platforms so I need to get him something that works on all of them (xbox, playstation, and even on the computer). I found this site Best Gaming Headset 2015 | Immersive Online Gaming and I have my eye on the Turtle Beach Ear Force X12, but it says "Stereo for: Xbox 360, PC". Does that mean it won't work at all for a playstation, or is there an advantage for using it on the xbox and the pc?

Also, is that even a good headset? I've tried scanning online but reviews seem to be mixed.. does anyone have any personal experience it, or personally knows of a better product around the same price range?

His birthday is in about 2 weeks so I'll need to make a decision within the next few days if I'm going to buy online..

Thanks in advanced :)

Hi Sally! Well, I can honestly say that I am using a set of Playstation Gold over-ears, and they sound beautiful. They also come with a built-in mic, so you don't have one sitting in front of your face getting all nasty from you talking into it for forever. It's also pretty versatile because it's USB and Bluetooth connectible, giving me the opportunity to use it on both my PS4 AND my laptop. I don't have an XBox, so I can't say 100% that it would work on one, but because Turtle Beach isn't a platform brand like Playstation, you could likely expect some versatility. Your best bet is to find some that look good online, with a good price, and then take them somewhere like Best Buy or Wal-Mart (anywhere that price matches), and you can buy them then and there without shipping or waiting.

I hope this helps!

Hi Sally! Well, I can honestly say that I am using a set of Playstation Gold over-ears, and they sound beautiful. They also come with a built-in mic, so you don't have one sitting in front of your face getting all nasty from you talking into it for forever. It's also pretty versatile because it's USB and Bluetooth connectible, giving me the opportunity to use it on both my PS4 AND my laptop. I don't have an XBox, so I can't say 100% that it would work on one, but because Turtle Beach isn't a platform brand like Playstation, you could likely expect some versatility. Your best bet is to find some that look good online, with a good price, and then take them somewhere like Best Buy or Wal-Mart (anywhere that price matches), and you can buy them then and there without shipping or waiting.

I hope this helps!
This.
I have a Turtle Beach headset and because they work through your tv, you can use them for any system. They will play the sound of whatever you have on the tv. The catch with the Turtle Beach headsets, and the platform specific ones like the Sony Gold headset, is that they come with a cord that plugs into the controller for the chat functionality. So, if you buy him an Xbox One headset, it will only have a chat cord for Xbox One. Turtle Beach does have adapter cords that can be purchased separately at a reasonable price right on their website though. To give you a perfect example, my Turtle Beach headset was for my 360, but I was able to get the PS4 chat cable on their site so now I can use chat on either of them just by doing a 5 second cord swap.

The Sony Gold headset is great, but it really only works on the Playstations. If that is where he spends the majority of his gaming time you can't really go wrong with that one though

thanks so much for the help. I think i'm probably going to go with the turtle beach. Like you both said it sounds like the best option especially if he will be using it for multiple platforms. I can always just buy the adapters along with the headset itself as part of the present to avoid any issues.

Thanks again :)

thanks so much for the help. I think i'm probably going to go with the turtle beach. Like you both said it sounds like the best option especially if he will be using it for multiple platforms. I can always just buy the adapters along with the headset itself as part of the present to avoid any issues.

Thanks again :)

Happy to help! I'm sure he'll be ecstatic.

i'd also add spring for any extended warranty they offer in case of accisents like dogs chewing on the ear muffs etc

Back
Top Bottom