Free Windows 10 upgrade

Saw that over lunch - pretty sweet.

I have several Win7/Win8 licenses I can get upgrades for then :D.

I didn't post old news....phew

I'm really impressed how it will be free. Its gonna be a no brainer for many.
I've been happy with 8.1 so far. I went straight to 8.1.
I never use the metro

All the conspiracy theories over at [H]ard are funny to read that some people are thinking that this means Windows is going to a subscription model and you only get the OS free for the first year (which isn't the case). Just like what they did with Win8 - you could upgrade for like $10 in the first year or so and then it was full price. Now they're just doing it for free - my guess is so their customer base isn't so fragmented (people still hanging onto Win7 and causes another XPocalypse).

All the conspiracy theories over at [H]ard are funny to read that some people are thinking that this means Windows is going to a subscription model and you only get the OS free for the first year (which isn't the case). Just like what they did with Win8 - you could upgrade for like $10 in the first year or so and then it was full price. Now they're just doing it for free - my guess is so their customer base isn't so fragmented (people still hanging onto Win7 and causes another XPocalypse).

The computer in the business room of our apartment is still running XP.

+1 to cortana
+1 to spartan
+1 to hololens that looks cool
-900 to windows as a service

Microsoft said:
The new generation of Windows is a commitment—a commitment to liberate people from technology and enable them to do great things.
What the actual eff does that even mean.

So does that mean after a year I won't have to pay for anything still? lol

After a year, if you didn't get the free upgrade, you'll have to pay for the full version of Win10. If you get the free upgrade within the year, it's free always.

Just like the $15 upgrades for Win8 when it was first released.

Back
Top Bottom