Folding@Home - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxy,

yes, it's set to use all available processing power by default.

I haven't done this lately, and I'm at work so this could be wrong, but if you right click on the folding@home icon in your startup tray, click on settings. There is a tab labeled advanced. Under this there is a slider bar that can be changed. Just try lowering it to 50%. That should solve you high CPU temp.

Just a question, but do you have decent airflow goingthrough your case? If you have a jumbled mess of wires inside of your case, like my case at home is, try cleaning it up. That might solve you temperature problem. I fixed it by taking the side off of my case.

Yea my case temps are really high with my graphics card, Audigy card and two hd's and other crap. I do have a hugeee jumbled mess of wires and cords and cant hardly begin to straighten it out. what do people usually do?

Iv been talking to one of our other server guys and to my boss It just so happens that from about 8pm till 6am, are server pretty much are idling. We got about 10 of them, each one has quad Xeons with 32 gigs of ram. We are gunna see if we can run the program on them in there off time

I have Mac OSX and it lust sits there for an 1/2 hour and does nothing my processer isint doing a thing and it appears to be downloading something? what should i do?:confused:

i'm folding for TF

i really wanna see us in the TOP100, but i doubt that's ever gonna happen unless we get everyone to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom