Folding at Home Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my i7 running for a while. 100% on all 8 cores, the big units flag is set.

I'm getting a solid stream of A3 units, but task manager is only showing 1.45Gb of ram used out of 6Gb. I got told there'd be more like 5Gb usage? Is something not setup right?

For big units you need to use a vm. But unless you can run it 24/7 then its not really worth it

Yeah. Your passkey corresponds to your username, not any specific client.

I use the same passkey on my 920 and Q6600

Yes.. tbe key is locked toi an email address not to a client.

So you put it on all your clients.

Me, i have it on 3 gpus, 1 smp and 1 uni.. all the same.. Think of a passkey as your id number, so as your pts cant be tampered with, and really not anything to do with the running of the fah program.

-When configuring the SMP Client and it asks you whether or not to change the advanced settings, be sure to type yes, and add the follow options when asked to do so:
1)When asked about work unit size, be sure to select BIG (It will offer small, normal, big).
2)When asked for "extra parameters" add the following: -smp -verbosity 9

Ummmm, I did that extra parameters deal, now F@H won't stay up and running.... starts loading and dies... next, I couldn't see anything about work unit size... I hadn't seen this guide when installing, so is this an installation deal I needed to do?
I'm VERY new to folding, so I don't know how to register points to TF, don't know where or how to monitor my points, any of that yet
This is EXACTLY how I typed in the extra parameters....
-smp -verbosity 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom