First Benchmarks Of The Geforce 7900 Quad SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
I swear I'm going to start a radical anti-SLI terrorist group and continually blow up Nvidia factories until they get rid of this awful abomination of an idea.

If they would have spent HALF the fuggin time they've spent on making this stupid crap, making drivers, and now quad BS on a SINGLE fuggin card they'd probably be beyond current standards.

Buuuuuuut no, that's just too much trouble apparently. Then add with that all those god dammed little rich faggots out there that buy it without knowing anything....GEH.....seriously, SLI is just the worst sh!t to have appeared.

IT SHOULD HAVE STAYED DEAD IN THE VOODOO DAYS.
so you mean IF you find a exact same GPU you have on the ground, you rather smash it right away rather than use it as SLI for urself... seems like you hate SLI that much. well its ur choice but ill rather use it for SLI myself if i get one for free. what is wrong w/ SLI? ya of course the cost/performance ratio isnt good. but who cares if ppl wants SLI and have money for it. if i was freakin rich, i'd get SLI. cuz money isnt the issue.

Because that basically means that those of us who can't afford something even close to that will never be able to see completely maxed out graphics. The game makers will always make something just a little bit better for those with these ridiculous unneeded systems. If you're rich, then get the best processor out there, get the raport hard drives, get the best RAM, etc...etc.. but wtf.......4 ******med cards.

If I had the exact same GPU, I'd SELL IT........not freakin smash it......jesus. There are other options besides destroying something and putting it in SLI ya know. Infact, you could probably sell both and then just get an upgraded single card solution.

So yeah, go ahead and get your SLI system so you can benchmark 3dmark06 and get an uber score but when you go to play an actual game......oh well lookie here, not the same story is it.

That was probably the most pathetic demonstration of their new gadgets I've ever seen in this article. "Ehh, heres quad SLI.....it will cost you your first born child but ummm, it may not work quite so well"

and of COURSE the natural response will be "Well they will smooth it out".....ok........how long has it been since they first introduced SLI? Like two years right........it's still not completely smoothed out and now they are introducing this quad BS? Ridiculous.

My main point to be seen throughout this is the fact that if they would have never even messed with SLI we'd probably have much more powerful single card solutions out there. But no, they'd rather waste a crapload of money on trying to get 4 of these dang things to work together instead of putting that money and research to bigger and better cards.

"we want to make it like people owning a ferrari"..........IT'S COMPUTERS PEOPLE, that's the biggest BS excuse for marketing and money hungry a$$holes I've ever heard.

Might as well just go to consoles, you can save a boatload of money and it takes a while before computers just completely surpass them to the point where a console seriously looks outdated compared to the games on the computer which generally takes well over a year.

Hey you just keep quiet! Where's my renders!? :p

Yeah, it didn't help that I wrote those posts with a splitting headache and just being generally annoyed. Add that with the fact that I already dislike SLI and you have a completely crazed rant happening :D

Nubius, I'm with you. When are we starting the "I hate SLI Movement" then? I'm one of those people who can't afford a stupendous machine. I've just upgraded my card to 7800GS because I can't afford to scrap my ageing AGP machine and go with PCI-E. Let alone SLI, I want to see games maxed out but like you said if devolopers keep SLI in mind when making a game then we never going to see a game maxed out. In reality most people havn't the money to spend on a quad-SLI machine with a 30" monitor. And they don't even work properly!! Thanks but no thanks, I'm happy with my machine and I'll continue to play until I can afford to upgrade to a PCI-E. Long live the "IHSLIM"

See you said at the beginning you hate it because you cant afford it.. (or something along tjhose lines) you sad, sad man nubius.. its not your fault your poor and cant afford it but you dont need to hate on SLI just because its greater than you... Nubius rest assure one day you might be able to afford a second card.. instead of making a hate Nvidia club, why not make a "Buy Nubius the complaining whore a second graphics card" club?...

Nubius's point is they should be making better single cards rather then almost forcing you to have to buy 2 cards to increase performance. It's tottally a marketing thing just to get more then one NVIDIA or ATI card into you PC.

But, the days of SLI may be fading Nubius. With the next GEN cards around the corner offering DUAL CORE GPU's.

NUbius is also a college student whom is focusing the bulk of his "Bank" on his education. But, once he graduates with his degree and lands his dream job and is making 6 figures a year, he'll look back at his rant and laugh and say, "How many cards should I buy today?"

So in other words, ATI crossfire slays nVidia's Quad (4) graphics cards.

hahahahhahah

ATI guys must be laughing their asses off now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom