Faint Static Noise From Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithryndil

In Runtime
After I cloned my hard drive I have noticed a faint static noise coming from my speakers. I notice that it happens whenever I click on a website and it loads the page. Also, if I download something it seems to happen during the download. I have a Creative SB Audigy 4 Soundcard. The card should be this card.

Also, the only thing that has really changed (besides me moving) is that I am connecting to the internet through a wireless adapter. Is it possible that when I surf the web or download something that the wireless signal requires a boost in strength. Could this boost be picked up by the speakers and thus produce the static noise?

I notice a trend here, i have an EMU 0404 sound card (made by creative) and whenever i move my mouse it makes a pretty noticeable 600hz(ish) hum. and also when im in games it makes a different noise. very annoying and i don't know how to get rid of it.

Hello,

Have you turned down the sound volume in the Windows control panel? MAybe having it turned up to 100% is causing this issue.

Cheers,
Mak

Didn't work for me :mad: Thanks anyway.

I think it's more a problem with interference from other pc components because our cards have a fault or something :confused:

I think it would be some kind of interference. On my old computer which had onboard AC97 audio, I could turn up the speakers and hear noise in connection with HDD activity. My friends computer would do the exact same thing. Now on this rig I hear zero audible noise and I'm running the X-Fi.

I think it would be some kind of interference. On my old computer which had onboard AC97 audio, I could turn up the speakers and hear noise in connection with HDD activity. My friends computer would do the exact same thing. Now on this rig I hear zero audible noise and I'm running the X-Fi.

that how this computer was with onboard. going to the x-fi fixed it

Well my card is like £20 more than a X-Fi music but it has interference upon mouse movement and HDD activity.

Well my card is like £20 more than a X-Fi music but it has interference upon mouse movement and HDD activity.

well, the x-fi was design for everyday computer use not for studio recording. I had 300-600.00 cards in this machine. none of them including the emu is compatible with media center. it's the only reason that I'm using an x-fi.

the x-fi was made to not have any noise interference. they put extra precaution against noise into it. that wasn't necessarily what the emu was designed for.

if I remember correct your design set up was the cause of your interference. you had wires everywhere and mixed with everything. you need to start isolating stuff so you can trace exactly where the noise is coming because you should never have noise with a sound card

try changing pci slots. the sound card should be the bottom one. try moving your wires away from everything. try better wires. you really need a balance setup if that card supports it. balance wire will be noise free even if you put it in a noisy environment

^^^^

And the X-FI actually has a better sound processor.

The EMU 0404 uses only an Audigy chip.

And which X-FI are you talking about oreo? Theres more than one,
the best one being the Auzentech Prelude X-FI, or a modded Xtrememusic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom