Everything going wrong !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is she running 2x2gb or ram with a 920? If that is correct, I could see that as the problem.

Offtopic: Is she loaded? She lives in dubai and has a rig like that? Well, its not that different than mine, but most people wouldn't spend the money for a 295.
i wasn't there when she build it which is why she only got 2 gigs, i know they're suppose to be running like a 3 channel mode or something....
plus ppl in dubai and filthy rich or poor...

Everyone in Dubai is rich. -.-

mainly the locals...others struggle unless u got lucky with some business scheme a while back.

And her ac is always on...right now cpu temps are idling at 45* and gpu is idling at 60*
her case has 80MM fans...shes got one intake 1X on the side and 2X exhaust on the back.
The psu always worries me but idk if i wanna buy a new one cos its expensive here and then its not the case and all that money wasted cos there isnt a return policy here.
I also don't think getting another stick of ram will solve it...

Could be hot and killing the psu output.

From what I've read the FSP Epsilon 800 and 900 power supplies aren't all they claim to be. But even if yours is producing slightly less than advertised it should still be plenty of power. But if you look at the design of the power rails there using 2 diode packs with smaller heat sinks instead of a single diode pack with a big heat sink. In a normal air conditioned or cool climate the dual diode pack setup is sharing the load for a single rail so they should run cooler which means they can reduce the weight of the unit by using small heat sinks (to reduce shipping costs). However, your not running in a cooler climate so I suspect your problems could very likely be the power supply.
I believe OPs problem is this. Good stuff with a not so good PSU typically make the PSU warm and start dropping 12v output.

How is she running 2x2gb or ram with a 920? If that is correct, I could see that as the problem.

Offtopic: Is she loaded? She lives in dubai and has a rig like that? Well, its not that different than mine, but most people wouldn't spend the money for a 295.
1366 platform can run dual or triple. When i7s first came out alot of my friends ran their dual kit until they could afford a triple kit later on.

Is it really 100C? All of the older 45nm processors had max recommended temps in the low 70's and I wouldn't expect the 920 to be significantly different.

Either way I wouldn't want to consistently run a cpu at those temps.
Small Google would tell you a 920 can run up to 100c then throttle heavily to dissipate heat.

I think 100c has always been the maximum temp before the cpu started throttling but that doesn't mean you ever want it running close to that.

IMO hitting 60+C is completely unacceptable outside of a stress test, especially on a stock cpu.
Not exactly. Ever ran a gaming computer when the temp indoors is close to 90 cause the AC cant keep up with the summer heat? I got 2 fans on my i5 and even when i run it stock it loads around 72c. At 4ghz i peak over 80c easily. Stock temps are with the TRUE 120 btw. I can only imagine hot friggin hot it is in Dubai right now and a stock fan would not hold up unless they had a very nice AC unit keeping the room/house cool.

To OP
Try OCing the CPU to see if that stops the lagging in Crysis. If it does, then your lagging problem is probably due to CPU speed. If it isnt, then the PSU is probably at fault.

i don't think i have to overclock anything.
my rig has a q6600 and with my gts i don't get any lags.
This is the i7, i thought this was the best...plus a gtx 295!!!
My guess is psu but i guess i'lll try figuring something out.

The only thing an i7 920 has over my i5 is HT and that wont help in games like Crysis which only sees up to 3 cores i believe. My room mate had his i7 920 stock until Starcraft 2 beta came out. I had to OC him to 3.2 to cover for lag. And do you have your 6600 OCed?

my rig is running on stock and no lagging in games.

So far i've been playing nfs world on this rig and its running fine...i guess i'll just avoid crysis, i think its ridiculous how this game is 3 years old and still lags on this pc!!!

Because everything the engine does. Most people dont understand how the game works so they blame it on poor coding.

well they shouldn't create something that isn't build to handle yet.
They showed game play videos that looked almost perfect...
but when u play it, u gotta tweak the **** outta it...
i just hope crysis 2 isnt geonna be the same

Honestly, i didnt have that problem when it came out but of course ive OCed since my very first Pentium 1. Crysis 2 wont have the same problem because the way Cryengine 3 works and is optimized. And its good for games to be that hard on hardware. If there was no challenge there would be no reason for devs to improve upon their hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom