E3 2008 for Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree totally, aaronkupen. I am already very set on selling my Wii this week, after I see there is no games coming out to appeal to me. I don't want to sell my PS3 and I probably won't unless I can get a networked Blu-Ray player for very cheap in the near future.

I'm mostly just keeping my PS3 now out of stubbornness and for a couple potential exclusives coming out (Heavy Rain and Fumito Ueda's game) between now and three years.

^because Resistance is the closest Sony has come to having a Halo, I think even Sony believes Killzone 2 will not live up to the "halo 3 killer" hype so they are going to Resistance for that because Resistance has done very well for itself

everyone is saying that the whole Sony conference is for the stockholders and watnot....but if u think about it, thats wat E3 is for, ever since they closed their doors....besides, most of the big games are being shown on the conference floor

i do think that the Mirror's Edge game will be an unexpected sleeper hit if they pull it off correctly

well, last night i was thinking about it, and Sony usually shows off the big stuff during Liepzig or TGS, cuz then consumers are actually there, and they can get gamers to consider the PS3 as a more viable console

Most of the really good games that are coming out are coming out multi-platform, which is fine.

I was very upset when i found Xbox was getting Final Fantasy. I am a very hardcore Final Fantasy fan, and I liked it as a PS exclusive... My big thing with exclusives is this...

When I buy a Playstation, I want to know what franchises Im getting (Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, etc etc)

The famous Xbox franchises are the reason I don't want an xbox (halo, Forza, Project Gotham, Fable)

I really, really put serious thought into picking up an xbox... But I just don't see it as a system for me, they are NOW getting some games that I would like... But overall... Im not sold on it yet.

well, last night i was thinking about it, and Sony usually shows off the big stuff during Liepzig or TGS, cuz then consumers are actually there, and they can get gamers to consider the PS3 as a more viable console

Yup yup, Liepzig seems to be Sony's premier show IMHO. I'll reserve judgment till then.

^Your still getting the same franchises so it shouldn't bother you at all. SE did not take away anything from the Sony side they just brought something new to the MS side, and there is nothing wrong with that. It also bugs me when i read (on another forum) "This sucks now the game is going to be for the 360 so they will have to dumb it down!!!" have they not noticed that all multiplatform game so far have been virtually equal?

Im not going to lie I dont like the PS3, but I am not about to dumb myself down to make an argument against Sony.

^Your still getting the same franchises so it shouldn't bother you at all. SE did not take away anything from the Sony side they just brought something new to the MS side, and there is nothing wrong with that. It also bugs me when i read (on another forum) "This sucks now the game is going to be for the 360 so they will have to dumb it down!!!" have they not noticed that all multiplatform game so far have been virtually equal?

Im not going to lie I dont like the PS3, but I am not about to dumb myself down to make an argument against Sony.

Not that I necessarily agree with what I'm about to say....

but an argument can be made that the games are "virtually equal" because of the "dumbing down". The PS3 version of the game will only be around as good as what the "dumbed down" version ends up being.

I really don't think they "dumb down" games for the 360. The only games that don't fit on the DVD 9 discs that 360's use are large RPG's and maybe some of the PS3 exclusives that purposely take advantage of all the extra space. The game could still probably be fit onto 360 discs without problem, so there would be no need to "dumb down" the game to shrink the file size. The hardware is basically the same, with the 360 actually having more RAM than the PS3 (not sure which RAM, but 360 has 512MB as opposed to the PS3's 256MB).

So other than the disc format/size, there would be no reason to "dumb down" the game. Multiple disc games, while they do take a whole 15 seconds out of your life when switching discs, are perfectly suitable in the case that the DVD 9 does not have enough space. And it's been done for years with Final Fantasy and other games on PS1/PS2, not just the Xbox and Xbox 360. Also, why is it that many multi-platform PS3 and 360 games look better, play better, or have more features on the 360 version? Obviously the hardware permits it, and the disc is large enough for most normal games or this would not be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom