Does Punkbuster really bust the punk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bet your guy with 96 kills and 2 deaths was flying a jet. That is an easy score for a good pilot. You can go in for a bombing run and wipe out 5 guys. If you fly good then no one can shoot you down. Pretty unbalanced, but they're good to have on your team.

HAVOC's struggles with PunkBuster are legendary in some circles. :p Not that they are unfounded, but he has some of the worst luck with PB.

dude its a possible score. in cod4 my best game of team death match was 106 kills 3 deaths, the lachesis helps lol, i didnt cheat or hack, but punk buster wont always catch hackers, but if you play long enough youl know who is hacking and isnt and you might even develop better reflexes then the aim bots, out sniping botters on tf2 is always fun :D

that game of 106 kills i had a 68 kill killing streak and i was running m4 with double tap, ended up switching wepons alot unless you find ammo for it the m4 is a popular wepon so it helped.

I'll bet your guy with 96 kills and 2 deaths was flying a jet. That is an easy score for a good pilot. You can go in for a bombing run and wipe out 5 guys. If you fly good then no one can shoot you down. Pretty unbalanced, but they're good to have on your team.

I search no vehicles actually.

96 and 2 on an Infantry Only map? Unless he was really good, had a medic or two by his side at all times, and the map was less than half full (so the rounds would be rather long) he was hacking.

Yeah I never play vehicle maps. Until yesterday. I forgot I had this search on this whole time so I thought i would try out vehicles now that the newbieness (did I make up a word just now?) is wearing off.

So I am on some map with a river in the middle. I jump in a boat and take it up to the spawn for vehicles. Make it all the way up some how and I see this parking lot of awesome fighter jets and helicopters. Hmmm what should I try first, lets go big and get in a fighter jet. Light up the jets and start to take off down the runway...get to the end and hit the mountain and blow up, LOL. I didn't even try it again. I think I need one of those flight simulator sticks. So then I try out the helicopter. I get it up and in the air, take a few turns and then I am side ways and slam into a mountain and on my way out someone kills me.

awesome! back to no vehicles for me! :D

Don't feel bad. The best I can do with air vehicles is to keep them in the air for a few minutes. :D If you want to practice on them set up a local server in your game, or find an empty map online. That way no one is shooting at you and no one can see how many times you crash. ;)

Yea...96/2 on infantry map = haxalicious!

I actually got pretty good in a jet and copter. I used a joystick though. The thing I hate about vehicles...besides the amazingly good jet *****s...is the fight with your own teammates to get one.

Good idea. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) There is control settings in the options, I can't recall what the name of it is, maybe Falcon settings? What is this? Is this a special flight controller?

2) What is mutiny? I saw this last night in a game. I also couldn't create or join any squads, no one could actually. Pretty annoying. I clicked the mutiny button and it submitted a vote against someone. What was going on here?

3) What's with headshots in this game? I have been dead on someones head and it didn't register. Do you have to adjust for distance and/or wind??

1) Falcon controller

2) Mutiny allows players to vote out their commander. Many servers have it disabled as some abuse it, but some people should never, ever command.

3) BF2 does incorporate bullet drop over long distances. It takes some trial and error to get it. Try practicing shooting at inanimate objects and seeing where it hits.

Even with a flight stick I suck. Of course, it is the base Saitek model, but I doubt a good one would help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom