Do you like having the same interface on your phone as computer?

IntelFanboy417

In Runtime
I've been reading on many websites that lots of companies are starting to make their operating systems like phone or tablet OSs. What do you guys think of this? I know I don't like it I would rather have my computer interface separate from my phones interface do you guys disagree? Also how do you guys feel about using Google cloud another cloud services? Would you rather keep information stored on the hard drive in your computer or would you rather have it stored somewhere out on the web? Just curious about other people opnions.

Unified architecture has been the ideal thing for a while since Apple started making it popular. It's why Windows 8 went the way it did. Do I personally I like it? I'm indifferent as I prefer Android for my phone, I don't have a tab anymore, and don't use Windows 8 or any Apple products.

I use Google Drive a bit but not for anything personal.

Unified architecture has been the ideal thing for a while since Apple started making it popular.
Never knew that,thought the same interface was new, and I agree with you, I just laugh when a phone's GUI is almost the same as my Core i7, I mean come on, if you have a good PC dont you want to feel different from a phone's processor?
:)

Not what I meant. I mean software, the user interface. Apple was so successful because everything is basically one, it all operates pretty much the same. When going from one device to the next people ate it up because they knew what to do and could work in the same fashion as before, with less learning curve on new hardware.

Microsoft wanted a piece of that pie, but Windows users liked the way things were. With Metro, they wanted the phone, tab, and Windows to look and operate much like how Apple has their system so people could migrate easily. Didn't really work that way. They failed to realize that Apple has a large ecosystem that Jobs created over many years. You can't just go from the norm to, oh this is new and exciting and we're gonna make all of our devices this way overnight.

I use a lot of cloud storage, for school work mainly, and I think Google Drive is my favorite. Dropbox is good, but can take a while to load up all my files (on the installed version, haven't used it in browser). I got 50gb free of Knowhow's cloud storage with my Nexus 7 (I didn't even know they had cloud storage), and that is alright, but the interface is a bit crappy and outdated.

And don't get me started on Skydrive. Unless I just can't find it (and I definitely looked), there is no option to upload a folder. Which drove me a bit crazy.

So yeah, Dropbox or Drive are my main choices/recommendations, and since Drive has (and should continue developing) integration with the rest of Google's services, it has my vote :)

Yea I have to admit, I am a fan of cloud storage, however I always have to be different :p I use a cloud service called owncloud, I run the cloud server from my house and I know that everything I upload there is safe and sound in my basement. It also has a very close interface to dropbox which is nice!

Back
Top Bottom