do you hate microsoft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macdude a good friend of mine is 100% machead but his powermac kernel panics all the time. nothing is perfect so don't go pushing OSX as an end all. And to every mac fanboy out there i have one thing to say. "photoshop is not a game." sorry but its true.

photoshop is cool though. I used that at school and you can get it for windows.

I hate macs and yes Bill Gates deserves to go into debt because of his cheating with operating systems and copying off of Mac.

we should go to his home and go on a heist then use the money and buy everyone at the forum a new system!! woot woot , muahahahahaha

I guess my website violated there rules at that website cause i can't get on it.

I hate microsoft that much and can't help but to swear when i talk about them.

No I do not hate them and I quite like the beta Vista that I had. I would love to buy retail Vista but refuse to be ripped off when the US gets it for half the price we do.

Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate DVD - Retail

There are a lot of things that I wish to change about the OS though.

For those who say complain, there was an official complaint made and we were flogged off with "companies can sell their product at what ever price they wish".

I am talking about the website i made it must have violated the rules where I made the website so they shut it down.

Macdude a good friend of mine is 100% machead but his powermac kernel panics all the time. nothing is perfect so don't go pushing OSX as an end all.
I have never had a kernel panic in OS X - EVER. I've done some pretty stupid stuff but I have never been able to make my machine panic - normally, that indicates a hardware issue.

And to every mac fanboy out there i have one thing to say. "photoshop is not a game." sorry but its true.
What?

See, no offense, that's the kind of comment that puts you in the fanboy group.

Don't believe me? Get an internship with Apple (any software division). Then you'll figure it out. That's all I did that summer, debugging

For example, Apple has a quite a few string vulnerabilities with specific programs such as iChat and iPhoto. They also have a few buffer overflows, here and there with Quicktime and Keynote.
I am aware of buffer overflows in programs - it's quite a problem for them, and there were even severe issues with overflows and RAM issues until OS X 10.3. But that's not Mac OS X, that's Apple programs, and that I do not deny.

Let me make this clear: I merely wanted examples. Those I got. If you thought I was challenging you, you are very wrong. And if my tone seemed condescending to you, that wasn't the intent - I merely use obscure metaphors.

And to those who think I'm a Mac fanboy - start piling on the crap about Linux and you'll wonder why you ever said that.

See, no offense, that's the kind of comment that puts you in the fanboy group.

Don't believe me? Get an internship with Apple (any software division). Then you'll figure it out. That's all I did that summer, debugging :)

For example, Apple has a quite a few string vulnerabilities with specific programs such as iChat and iPhoto. They also have a few buffer overflows, here and there with Quicktime and Keynote.

More on buffer overflows: Buffer overflow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, what I was talking about earlier about business practices: Fired Wal-Mart marketing exec hits back at company - May. 25, 2007

Apps on any os will have security holes (However far less and faster response times with opensource apps). Apples been quick to respond and has already patched all of the ones that have been made public. (Some hackers might have some private ones there keeping quite about) For more information about the patched security holes check out software update on your mac.

Osx however has no real holes found with it so far. However it does use a microkernel rather then a monolithic kernel so its inherently less secure then linux.

Windows also uses a microkernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom