Did a little work on my Truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom118

Daemon Poster
So, I got bored over my days off so I decided to add some parts to my truck, I got a new Grille Guard, New projector Headlights, a carbon fiber dash kit and new leather seats.

Now for my own touch, I built a laptop stand out of a LCD wall mount and a laptop cooling pad. I re-enforced the inside of the cooling pad with metal then bolted the whole thing to the truck. The laptop easily comes out of the truck as it simply mounts with velcrow. ( I know it sounds cheap but im surprised at how well it holds the laptop there. ) So I also contacted my ISP today and ordered an AirCard and just aquired some remote desktop software. So I can access the net and my home pc from anywhere I go. I also have an FM transmitter hooked up to my PC, so all the sound comes through the speakers in the truck and a handy power inverter so I can just plug in the laptop. Next on the list will be Microsoft's streets and trips USB GPS.

I mounted the laptop off the the side for saftey reasons, as I did not want to see the screen while driving. (Save myself from getting a ticket.)

Let me know what you guys think. Suggestions? Comments? Criticism? PICS suck but thats all I can do for now..

Here is a before of the inside... although its not my truck it still looks the same..
2006-Toyota-Tacoma-06812161990004.jpg

000_0043.jpg

000_0040.jpg

000_0044.jpg

looks nice

what no pics on the outside? lets see that grille :p

what sorta head lights did ya get? HID xenons?

looks pretty good, although the red on the seats is a little too much red for my liking, nice job on the laptop stand but i agree with sylus, it would have looked better with it not there, but if you the laptop a lot in the car ihen it will come in handy.

tundras are a nice truck, id like to see the outside as well, i have seen those vinyl stickers before they look very good when applied properly as done here.

They are actually not vinal stickers but real carbon fiber, my camera kind of blows so its difficult to see the texture. either way I had to epoxy them on.... As for the outside I'll get some pics up soon. I'll wait until its dark... can't really show off the lights in the daytime... and the truck is really dirty lol.. But as for the lights themselves I haven't got the HID kit put in yet.. but have a 6000K one on order... I hate waiting....

The dash looks like this
ROBCF_lg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom