Counter Strike 1.6 And Day Of Defeat FPS Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
will it stay that way even after i exit out? or do i have to put in fps_max everytime i join a game?

Thats what I do for CS:S... And if your fps is just too low, get a config. Configs get rid of all the things that are not needed and raise your fps quite a bit. I used to play cs:s on intergrated graphics and a single core celeron.... with a config. Around 40 fps for me, :).
Basically that. For example, in source configs get rid of eyeballs, extra model gear, and stuff that you really don't look at. The end result is just the game with the guns and none of the eye candy.

i see. thanks for clearing that up. i don't think i'll have to go as far as editing the config, hopefully not. these drops are SOMEWHAT rare, but they still happen and are annoying.

well i tried the fps_max 100 command and i sometimes got pretty big drops. i dont know if it was my paranoia but i think the fps was a bit less stable, sometimes just walking i'd be down in the 80s and such and on average i'd be in the low 70s or mid 60s in action, at times drop down to about 40-50. not sure which of the two to keep, the default is fps_max 72.0

i see... :|

well hopefully i wont have to do that. so i guess there's nothing i could do? someone suggested updating my video card drivers but my system has been stable for quite some time with the drivers it has and everything. but i don't want to risk anything if it won't help performance.

(the reason for the paranoia is i bought my system from ibuypower, which lets you choose the parts, they build it, etc. i had stability issues and frequent crashes and had to send it back 3 times until they ended up changing everything out. i bought my video card seperately and sent it to them the 3rd and final time, they installed it for me, added the drivers, etc. up till now everything has been great *knock on wood*)

That place is a joke, building he system yourself is 10x better.

Newer drivers have generally better performance, so if you havent updated drivers
then i suggest you do so. And like i said, set all the sliders to performance, not quality.

well keep in mind i got this computer around 4 years ago, not to mention i had no clue on how to go about putting together a computer.

if the issue gets worse i guess ill go ahead and download new drivers, but i'm still pretty paranoid about making any big changes because of those stability issues i mentioned before. a friend of mine told me older drivers work better for older games, so i'm a little confused now as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom