Corporate Antivirus with Site Failover

NetCom

Beta member
I am trying to find an alternative solution for corporate anti-virus that allows failover for virus protection from one site to another within the same domain. Symantec Endpoint Protection allows for failover from site to site but only if you use multiple servers at each site.

Is anyone aware of an alternative or comparable solution for corporate level anti-virus that supports failover from 1 server in a site to 1 server in another site?

I appreciate any input.

Thanks.

I'm not aware of any software level program that can do this - although if you use vmware and have two sites you can do this.

We have an active active setup where we can live vmotion anything from one site to another, meaning if we had something happen at one site within a few minutes we could have all servers up on another site. Alternatively if you have something sudden happen, say the site blew up you should have backups setup where you can restore servers (virtual) from the backups you are creating.

Thank you for your quick response Lexluethar. I will continue to research failover solutions for anti-virus as well as VMWare VMotion.

Back
Top Bottom