console beats PC gaming anyday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with P.Cs being better for games in general, but i must admit, game consoles give more reliable game play and better multiplayer (not the net sort of multiplayer tho)

why would anyone argue something that is strictly preference. theres nothing one can say that would cause someone to change the type of gaming they prefer.
some like consoles for their own reasons and others pc... both have goods and bads there is no absolute,kinda childish to think one owns the other, so who cares.

I still don't know how people can prefer a game pad over a mouse for FPS.

TheMajor said:
Only downside is that for some games, like fighting games (Tekken etc) there are more/better games available for consoles.
Some with some of the 3rd Person Games where it does require a lot of button bashing.
Eg. Oni on PC sux as there no way you can easily remap a joy pad to that game unless you know how to use a hex editor.
I also seem to better on Tomb Raider when it's on a console.

And there is some games where they the PC version is so down graded.
Eg. HALO with the fact that there is NO CO-OP play on PC. :mad:
And Need For Speed (the orginal) just sucked on PC.

yea, normally for games that require 360 degree movement and that were designed for consoles, dont allow me to put the mouse ball as a controll...

mouse and keyboard for FPS and RTS, joystick for RPG, racing, sports, fighting, and side-scrollers

gimli of gloin said:
yea, normally for games that require 360 degree movement and that were designed for consoles, dont allow me to put the mouse ball as a controll...
Depends if that is First or Third Person. Both require 360 degree movementment.
First Person are better with mouse and keyboard (Eg. UT2kX, HL2, Halo)
3rd Person are better with Game Pad (Eg. Tomb Raider, BroodRayne)
dethangel said:
joystick for RPG
Dends on the RPG.
Like Final Fantasy, Grandia are better with Joysticks.
But RPGs just as Fall Out, Balder's Gate, Never Winter Night are better wth Keyboard and mouse.
dethangel said:
joystick for RPG, fighting, and side-scrollers
If I had the space and $145 to waste, would be picking on one tranditional Arcade Controller for thoses.
Like JB HiFi has these STREET FIGHTER II arcade controllers. They are robust. And I might myself doing better on bashing buttons those things for a fighting game as appose to me using a Controller.

Harper said:
It just depend on what you are after.

Like if you want a games machine, with out have the fuss asking "Is this game compatible with my hardware" - CONSOLES WIN

If you want the ability to trade in your old games for new one. Most computer game stores will only allow you to trade in Console games. - CONSOLES WIN

If you want a games machine that is cheap and affordable - CONSOLES WIN.

If you want to always have the latest and greatest graphics both in hardware and software - PC Win

If you want to play online - PC Win

If the game you have purchase has a software bug in them. - PC Win as you can download patches from the Internet.

Game Types :-
Racing Games :- Consoles
FPS :- PC
RTS :- PC
LIGHT GUN SHOOTERS :- Consoles (Becoz playing Virtra Cop via a mouse is no challange)
MMOLRPG :- PC
FIGHTING :- Consoles (You can really abuse the buttons.)
RPG :- BOTH. RPGs really comes down to the devolopers in my opinion.
PLATFORM :- CONSOLES

At the end of the day, it comes down to what your priorities are.

I agree with everything you said.

Also to add PCs extend the life of games with MODS. Hell, the whole Hot Coffee fiasco started because of the PC GTA:SA.

There's an old saying,

console=gaming for dummies
PC=intelligent gamers

Which is stereotypical but somewhat true. If you want user friendliness consoles is the way to go. Not to mention the cost advantage. The Xbox 360 is only $399 CAD and the R500 is suppose to be as good as the R520 which will probably cost close to $1000 CAD.

I say for the best gaming you should have a computer for almost all of your gaming needs and a nintendo console for those who like mario and other nintendo games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom