console beats PC gaming anyday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... I'd have to disagree with ya there Major. The more I've looked at these 360 specs, the more impressed I get. Check 'em out. Make SURE to look at these links:

http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/cpu/xbox360-1.ars
http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/cpu/xbox360-2.ars

These articles are more indepth than other ones you would see online as they are not dumbed down. If you can digest most of it, it is VERY impressive. Also, the patent for unified pixel shader is OWNED by MS (to be leased in the future by them to other companies). Unified pixel shading is something vid card manufacturers have been wanting to do for a VERY long time but just coulnd't get it. Reason being is it involves complete new architecture all the way down to the cache, MBD and CPU as well as instructions. Since the 360 is static in its structure, they are now able to do this. And... it is impressive. Rendering EACH LEAF on a tree with its own model, physics and texture??? Also, they showed a few games coming out and some press release... there was NO repeating model/architecture in the game. I dont know if it was created by hand like that or used a complex algorythm to get the result, but if it is an algorythm to do this than this sucker is powerful. Since this design is more than just a card, but a whole new architecture it will take the pc market a little longer than usual to cathc up. Dont get me wrong, they will... but I think it make take a few years to do so. Also noticed market analysers saying the same thing. Some saying upto 4 years because it is not just an add card to overhaul but a new complete PC architecture. I can't wait to see what this can do, and I can't wait until this technology comes to the PC market, because they will really turn this idea on to huge heights.

PS2 and Xbox didn't surprise me. Xbox360 won't either. N64 and all other consoles introduced new technologies. But consoles have to last for multiple years, so they always have to catch up like 3-4 years, wich looks impressive when they are released. PC's don't, cause new parts/minor improvements will be released/introduced every few weeks or so. As far as technology is concerned, the new consoles will definetely be amazing, but they won't beat the PC. Not even current high-end PC's. I would be very surprised if they did. At least not in terms of graphics quality or performance.

consoles are turning more like pc's.. because in short YES, pc's are more powerful and allow users to do many more things than consoles don't allow.
The drawbacks of pc's are that not everyone knows how to use a computer and are also more expensive than consoles.
pc's have thousands of games = true
on average i doubt people know how to obtain those so called free games. sorry but yahoo games just can't cut it. and besides any compatability issue that comes up for people who don't know about computers may end up costing them time and money (bought for wrong platform, not enough computer resources, missing software components, etc.)
consoles are easy to use = true
plug to tv, plug power cord, insert game, play.
There IS a reason why consoles have been around for so long. It's because it's brought a little joy to those who don't know how to use a computer, thus adapting to using controllers instead of a keyboard and mouse.
personally i grew up with both a pc and a console. i was lucky to be able to get a "taste" of both worlds and guess what? i enjoy doing both. Now, like i mentioned earlier, consoles are becoming more like pc's and the reason is because it is obvious that they (console makers) want to build more powerfull versions of consoles. that's it.
So don't be as exaggerated and say that consoles plain just suck, because they don't. they have their drawbacks also, but overall they perform the task given to them, to entertain its users!

It just depend on what you are after.

Like if you want a games machine, with out have the fuss asking "Is this game compatible with my hardware" - CONSOLES WIN

If you want the ability to trade in your old games for new one. Most computer game stores will only allow you to trade in Console games. - CONSOLES WIN

If you want a games machine that is cheap and affordable - CONSOLES WIN.

If you want to always have the latest and greatest graphics both in hardware and software - PC Win

If you want to play online - PC Win

If the game you have purchase has a software bug in them. - PC Win as you can download patches from the Internet.

Game Types :-
Racing Games :- Consoles
FPS :- PC
RTS :- PC
LIGHT GUN SHOOTERS :- Consoles (Becoz playing Virtra Cop via a mouse is no challange)
MMOLRPG :- PC
FIGHTING :- Consoles (You can really abuse the buttons.)
RPG :- BOTH. RPGs really comes down to the devolopers in my opinion.
PLATFORM :- CONSOLES

At the end of the day, it comes down to what your priorities are.

I think PC is better for any type of game cause you can connect a gamepad to your PC. Only downside is that for some games, like fighting games (Tekken etc) there are more/better games available for consoles.

agree with you there, I just can't wait for this new architecture to take off on the PC, eventhough I believe it'll be a little while before it does. When it does, its gonna be awesome for gaming.

It will be. But these kind of major improvements happen every now and then. Just as stuff like Pixel Shader 3.0 etc. And a few months later everybody forgot about it as every card supports it.

i just think console gamers dont buy pcs because of the pricetag. even though they buy 4 consoles before they realise that a pc would have been cheaper and heaps better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom