Connect2 routers wireless

Lucyislay

Beta member
Hi I am hoping to find out if I can use an old router upstairs without connecting to the main router downstairs via cable, I want to use an Eternet port on a machine upstairs,
I have been reading other posts but have never really had anything to do with networks,

Depends if the 2nd router can be used in a Bridged mode.

What make/model of router is it?

Is the DG 1000 the main router? You do not want to place it is bridge mode, leave it in the standard configuartion.

Take the 2 router, (up stairs) and set that one in bridge mode connected to the main router.

Also, disable DHCP on the 2nd router, this will make it a wirless switch gettings IPs from the main router.

huawei hg 523a is the main router the dgn1000 is a spare I have not played with networks and routers so really could do with dummy's guide if what I'm asking is possible

Set your huawei router as a normal wireless router, then as is stated above, take the dgn1000 and using one of the standard either ports, log into it and set it up in bridge mode and turn off dhcp.

Then you should be able to scan for networks and see your main router, connect to it.

Back
Top Bottom