Computer Sciences

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkpitt45

Daemon Poster
Has anyone here recently taken this in university? I can't decide on engineering or sciences, I have no doubt I can get into either with marks (85 avg from gr 9-11), just a matter of which one :/

I'll probably end up going to lakehead university in Thunder bay Ontario, waterloo is kinda too expensive atm. Some people say bachelor's are better at lakehead because of the class sizes, you get 30-40 people instead of 200-300. I just can't decide what to do next year, all the counselor's at my school are annoyingingly useless, and lakehead's mostly seem to be intent on convincing me to go there, even though I already told them that..

It really depends on what you want to do. While computer science goes over A LOT it does seem to have an emphasis on programming/software engineering. While computer engineering is more of physical building of computer parts.

Both involve A LOT of math too, so I hope you're ready for that. At my university it's required to take 40 hours for the 'core' part of the computer science degree and then I'll end up with about 26 hours of math. So there is almost as much math as computer science.

I kinda enjoyed math sometimes, when I was awake lol, had it first period last semester.

Think calculus and vectors is important? It says it as a recommended class on this brochure thing, but they haven't had it at my school for 2 years now, Lakehead says it doesn't effect your eligibility for any courses. I threw it in for next year anyways, don't have any spares now but I can always drop graphic design if I have to.

uhmm calc 1 (5 credit hours) and calc 2 ( 4 credits) ..then add in the 5 credit pre calc in order to take calc 1..you have 14 credits of calculus...half of the math pretty much (at my uni anyway)

it's not about the math..it's the "logic and problem solving skills" that you learn by it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom