CMS - WordPress

coolbrze

In Runtime
We're looking at redoing our website & the 2 companies we've gotten proposal from so far are recommending WordPress. Is this a good platform and is it user friendly so we as the service company can make changes easily w/o going through the consultant/designer we hire?

Hi coolbrze,

WordPress is a great platform, and has a huge user base with an amazing community around.
What do you want to achieve with WordPress. Depending of your answer you could consider other CMS. WordPress will do fine for small projects or not over-complex structures (blogs, real state sites, mini markets, etc.). If you require more functionalities, you can always recur to more robust CMS like ExpressionEngine, Joomla, Drupal or custom applications.

WordPress is user friendly, easy to use, easy to keep updated and free.
Hope this helps you.

WordPress is the leading platform that is now being use the world web design. because it's easy to use and user friendly also interns of search engine visibility.
WordPress also have free themes that you can use if you want.

Lienor Elemino
Philippines

As someone who eats, sleeps and breaths web development and SEO I can tell you that WordPress is by far one of the best content management systems in the industry. Its plug and play so can help people with very little knowledge of html and PHP setup there own website in minutes, there are hundreds and thousands of themes to choose from and the there are plugins available for just about everything you could imagine having on your website.

As a web-developer I am not a huge fan of Wordpress, however, for companies that do not have an on staff web-designer Wordpress is great. It doesn't require you to know much about html/css/php etc. so you'll be able to work on your website without programming or scripting knowledge. Wordpress is reliable and is extremely popular so yep, I would say go for it!

Wordpress is the good CMS platform and many plugins are available in wordpress. But I would recommend you to develop own customize CMS panel. As wordpress have some restrictions you can't go beyond it but in own CMS you have no limits to do any thing in it.

It's a great tool. It's free, easy to use, and have loads of plugins and themes to choose from. It's also built for SEO and you can even add plugins to manage SEO. Regarding the design, you can make your own theme or just install from their themes database. It's designed for blogs but you can also use it for static content. No need to worry about the user-friendliness, they even have a tutorial to maximize your experience using wordpress. :thumbsup:

There is no question about Worpress for its cons as compared to other CMS. My suggestion is that get your required design through some professionals and afterwords for maintenance you can do it yourself.

WordPress sites rank very well in Google search results pages, even in competitive markets. I can only conclude that Google favors the platform over others. I never thought that WordPress was much use to hard-core spammers, so it's possible that WordPress sites enjoy a “trust factor” in Google's eyes.

Back
Top Bottom