ccleaner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
Mak,

I was wondering if you recommend using ccleaner's registry option to clean out my registry out. I see entries in there from software that I removed. It appears revo doesn't get everything.

Thoughts?

thx

I have used CCleaner for this before and it has worked for me. I dont see to much harm in it.

Revo will get them if you set it high enough. I can recommend CCleaner's registry cleaner as well, as I use it, too. ;)

I used to backup reg changes when I used CCleaner to clear out my registry, but now I don't really bother. I mean, I've been using it on literally every computer in my house (totaly of about 8? 9?) and it's done nothing but good yet.
Solved a lot of issues where the pc's were getting ridiculously slow.

I give it my highest possible recommendation. USE IT.

I like to use now keep in mind. I have windows vista but I like to use window washer or either of the system mechinic brands seems like nothing takes everything completly out of the regestry. I prefer that once I do get some kind of software removal tool or program not to get the updates if they offer them sometimes older non compadable programs give results in the numbers and usauly those are the ones that offer free upgrades if you already purchased them. Don't upgrade it unstable but if you have a disc you can always reload or unistall. Me I like to run raid O in fat32 because it boots faster.

CCleaner is perfectly fine. Registry Mechanic hasnt been good since version 4 which was like several years ago. Since then it has lost a lot. I used it but it is now much worse than even CCleaner is.

As for your RAID0 in FAT32....that has nothing to do with your boot times. Not to mentino you are using the 2nd most insecure file system out there next to FAT16.

And just for the record, you cant be running Vista on FAT32. It doesnt allow a install to anything but NTFS. So unless you really decided to take the time to hack your system to get Vista onto FAT32, you cant be running it.

ccleaner is great. If you have a lot going on in your registry, you'll need to run it about 3 times in a row to catch everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom