cant read sd card

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbhakta

Baseband Member
hello. okay so i have a problem reading my sd card... it is not the card reader nor the computer nor the cable, it is the card. when i put it into the camera, i can view the files but i cannot take pictures because it says 'memory card full'. however, the memory card is not full, i deleted pictures on it using the camera, and it still says 'memory card full'. Furthermore, because i can view all of my pictures on the camera, this leads me to believe that the pictures are all fine. Now when i connect the card to the computer by any means, windows xp will recognize it is plugged into and go thru the routine of showing the balloon popup on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. It will even say it is ready to use. however, it does not autoplay. When i open my computer, the drive is there BUT i cannot open it, nor right click it. I get a number of vague errors depending on the method of connecting to the computer. Such errors include: there is no drive there....; timeout of something...; or other errors that lead me absolutely nowhere.

My question is what program can i get that will be able to read the sd card and retrieve my pictures which i know are still there because i can view them in the camera...?

Thanks so much in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom