Can't decide on monitor!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carson1931

Baseband Member
Hey,

I keep going back and forth between a handful of possible monitors, and I can't seem to decide which one! I want to possibly set up eyefinity in the future, so it can't be too expensive, and I really want it too look great. I also cant decide if I want a few extra inches on the screen, or an LED backlight. Here are the monitors I am deciding between.

All of these monitors are on sale today, so I would appreciate hasty responses!

LG 21.5' LED 160$
Newegg.com - LG E2250T-PN Purple Deco 21.5" LED BackLight LCD Monitor Slim Design w/ 2-Way Stand 250 cd/m2 DFC 5,000,000:1

Pros: Thin, light, bright, good contrast ratio, price.
cons: size, very few reviews

Asus 23.6' 180$
Newegg.com - ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1) Built in Speakers

pros: size, good reviews
cons: weight, price

Dell 23' 140$
DELL Dell Daily Deal - Dell S2309W 23" Full HD Widescreen Monitor with 3-Year Warranty MSRP $ 239.00 : Monitors: Flat Panel and Widescreen | Dell

pros: size, price, warenty, additional 10% discount from coupon I have.
cons: poor contrast ratio, brightness

Any input that may help me decide between these monitors would be greatly appreciated!

Well the dell deal is gone now... I wish somebody would of responded... down to the asus vs the lg now. Any input?

I would go with the LG over the Asus any day, and the DEll I would not have picked up either if that makes you feel any better.

if you want larger though shop around for a decent price on a samsung / lg

What do you have against ASUS and Dell? Not saying your wrong I'm just wondering

nothing against the ASUS, just that the LG being an LED monitor will have a better contrast, it will also be brighter and I will warn you that if your doing a lot of reading text on the PC in low light that could be a bad thing.

But out of what you posted the LG should have a little better colors then the asus and they will both look better then the dell ( I have a dell sitting on my desk next to my samsung)

if your really interested in the larger size and not worried about the LED the asus may be a good deal. but monitors are one of those things that regardless of what the stats say you really have to see one to know if your gonna like it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom