What monitor should I get? (24" or 27")

NoobOnThis

Beta member
Hi!

I currently have a 22" 1680P screen so I am taking advantage of the Boxing Week sales and getting myself a new monitor but can't decide what size I should get...

The monitor I was looking at getting was either:

Samsung 24" LED LS24D390HL
or
Samsung 27" LED LS27D390HS

I watch a lot of iTunes movies at 1080 HD (Well I try too anyway :annoyed: ), game ever so often and graphic design on Photoshop again, ever so often for my friends bands and such...

I have been debating through the pros and cons of each size of monitor. I originally thought going bigger is going better, so I was going to pick the 27" but then I read up on the fact you need to have a good graphic card so it's not hindering the performance. Right now I have a 1GB Geforce GT 240. Its an 'older' computer (Probably 2009) but Ive done a few upgrades on it, like the graphic card and RAM... Do you guys think that 1GB is enough for a 27" screen and wouldnt kill my performance?

What monitor should I get?

Thanks!

I really prefer not to have to move my neck around to see every inch of my display. So I use my viewing distance to determine the best size.

Right now my eyes are about 2ft 3in away from the surface of the screen and thats about perfect for a 24"

I also recently developed a love for fast response times and high refresh rates.. i bought the VG248QE originally for the sole purpose of playing CS:GO but ended up that i LOVE native windows at 144hz and ILL NEVER GO BACK... Actually i just bought my second VG248QE and im gonna toggle between xbox and an extended desktop workspace

Last edited:
I really prefer not to have to move my neck around to see every inch of my display. So I use my viewing distance to determine the best size.

Right now my eyes are about 2ft 3in away from the surface of the screen and thats about perfect for a 24"

I also recently developed a love for fast response times and high refresh rates.. i bought the VG248QE originally for the sole purpose of playing CS:GO but ended up that i LOVE native windows at 144hz and ILL NEVER GO BACK... Actually i just bought my second VG248QE and im gonna toggle between xbox and an extended desktop workspace

I'll second that. I bought two of the VG24QE's for my new build and i have never loved a monitor more. My last monitor never made me happy from the day i bought it. This monitor is great for everything i use it for from browsing to gaming. And honestly it's in the relative price range of other monitors in it's category. I can't recommend it enough. If you are looking for a good gaming/day to day use monitor the VG24QE is great.

Whether it be 27" or 24" a 1080p monitor will perform the same regardless of size in regards to the resolution. For gaming, your graphics card is bottom of the totem pole but for anything else the size is purely personal preference. The move from 1680x1050 to 1920x1080 will greatly reduce performance in whatever 3D games you play.

I can agree with those two up there about that particular monitor model, as my best friend has 3 and they are pretty beast. Since you don't really have the graphics setup capable of really pushing it that might not be for you unless you plan to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom