Cable amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley3344

In Runtime
I was in radio shack looking for an amplifier for my speakers, and I happen to come acrost an cable amplifier. I know this was intended for the use of cable TV but will it change the speed of the internet too? it was $60 and I didnt want to was $60 to try and find out . I had problems with my internet befor and the cable guy said that the area around use wasnt getting a good signal so he put an amplifier on the main line and that incresed it a bit but not what i want it to be. I have about 300kbps but that sucks.... anyways thanks for your help

it doesnt increase the speed of your line; your modem defines the speed of the line. But it makes sure your modem gets a strong signal where as a weak signal could cause d/c's or loss of inet and tv all together.

well than why am I paying for a 250kb line but getting between 300kb and 450kb ? and could i tamper with the modem and change those settings?

harley3344 said:
well than why am I paying for a 250kb line but getting between 300kb and 450kb ? and could i tamper with the modem and change those settings?

you could but it would violate your ISP's TOS and they'll prolly file charges against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom