Browsers

Songbird

Baseband Member
Recently the technician reinstalled the OS. He did something because of which only Chrome is running. Even if I click on Mozilla or IE, they take me to Google Chrome. This pretty much negates the purpose of having more than one browser. Can anyone please suggest how to separate the three browsers? I always had it that way. The technician did this without asking me and I'm not comfortable with it. Your feedback will be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:
My apology .. an absentminded confusion on my part :cool:

Actually the tech set the homepage at Google and didn't activate menu bar. So I got puzzled by the look of it for a while. I guess i'm getting paranoid b'coz of the presence of Norton av.

Btw .. is there any truth in what I've been told that free AVs like Avira and Avast work well for the first one year and then if you don't pay, they don't function the best and make the computer slow?

I've not heard that or experienced it either. I have Avast on one system and Avira on the other and have few a few years now with no issues on either of them.

Btw .. is there any truth in what I've been told that free AVs like Avira and Avast work well for the first one year and then if you don't pay, they don't function the best and make the computer slow?

No. Not the good ones at least.

I used to have Norton years ago and it used to eat my system resources like never before. It would chew the Volatile Memory and completely slow everything down.

Back
Top Bottom